Skat kitty

Well i just picked up a couple minibikes on Craigslist. One is a Skat Kitty roller, and the other is "i dont give a F**k" because it has the original Skat Kitty motor in it! LOL Well i know im going to sell it. Or maybe ill sell it. IDK. If someone offers me the right price for it. Ill sell it right now as is. Or ill slowly put it back together all original. Its only missing a few pcs. The sidecover, and the tank. But it has everything else. Original parts that it has. Seat, grips and throttle, headlight and brake light, wireing and loom, brake switch, exhaust, 2.5 tecumseh w/lighting coil, clutch, jackshaft with sprockets, wheels and tires, brake caliper, pegs, and brake pedal.

The engine turns and has compression. Im going to mess with it to see the condition tonight, and if all is good ill put it in and ride it around the driveway. I will give a better deal to someone i like and know that they will keep it and restore it back to original. Maybe even a partial trade for a few parts and an engine for the other minibike.

So anyone interested?

Ok well i pulled the motor off the other minibike. And got the engine running. Had no spark. Took alittle while before i figured out it was the coil. Ended up putting new points and condencer in it first. LOL Swaped coils, and it fired right up (on carb cleaner). Thats as far as i got. Took a while to figure out how to shring pics on this comp. So heres a few pics of it with the motor just sitting in it.

Last edited:
Hey Jim

No problem. :thumbsup: I got it figured out. I gotta get another computer :doah:.

Well i just listed it on craigslist for $850. But i will give a better deal to a member i know (and like) that will keep it and restore it.

****UPDATE****

Rebuilt the carb and hooked up a gastank and it fired right up and runs great all on its own. No smoke, knocks, or noises. Seemed strong too! Ill mount it on the bike and get it going. Should have it riding tonight as long as i have some chain.

Josh

OK got it running and riding. It runs real good plenty of power for the little minibike. I cleaned the brakes and made a bar for it. The breaks work great. Put an old small metal lawnmower tank on it and strapped the tail light to it. hooked up the lights. The tail light and brake light work real good. The headlight is burnt out. But has good power. I didnt have the right 90* elbow for the exhaust and ACE didnt have it, so i left on the lawnmower style. But will include the original exhaust. Throttle works good. But i didnt realize that the clutch isnt the original. Looks like it but its a 10 tooth clutch and originally it was 14 or 15. So it only gos about 15-18 MPH with the governor hooked up. So ill give it a few days if i still have it next week ill paint it, get the right clutch and stickers then the price gos up! :thefinger:

Last edited: