Slanted engines MTD help drowning here

Why is the engine plate slanted forward on my MTD an Rupp trying to get it to run on a diaphragm card with no luck changed everything ignition wise except the magnets and still a weak spark? Could these composite magnets go bad? Can I torch off this plate and weld in a flat one?

Flat vs. slanted engine mounting plate makes no difference whatsoever with a diaphragm carb. (It DOES on a float bowl carb) As far as those Tecumseh diaphragm carbs, I have never been impressed with them. They have proved to be a real challenge to get them running right if they even run at all. I always ditch them and switch over to a conventional bowl carb.
Michael

Minimichael

Flat vs. slanted engine mounting plate makes no difference whatsoever with a diaphragm carb. (It DOES on a float bowl carb) As far as those Tecumseh diaphragm carbs, I have never been impressed with them. They have proved to be a real challenge to get them running right if they even run at all. I always ditch them and switch over to a conventional bowl carb.
Michael
Michael: But with a slanted plate, you'll need an unconventional manifold for the conventional bowl, no?