Small free-be's

Heres a classic that even has hub caps. ;D I used to use one of these when I was a kid. It's in great shape and the tank is spotless! :thumbsup:

Also got these two engines free from the same guy, they have spark and compression but haven't tried to start them yet One tank is spotless while the other just has just minor rust.

Love them old school emblems and oil filters. :wink:

Next thing you know, people will be paying you to haul them away. The only free ones I ever get are vertical. I still take them though, and rob the coils carbs, etc., that will interchange.

Jleon

Great deal. When I was a kid in Los Angeles, CA the oriental gardeners had the old open faced reel type lawn mowers. They had the old wrap around rope starters and as I remember, one pull and they were off. I remember them hanging the rope off the handle bars and how smooth and quiet they ran. Thanks for the memories.

Crap Jim, i didn't know the coils would interchange! :doah: I see free V mowers all the time. Ain't the carbs more geard for one speed though?

Jleon, this one is really cool and all original with all instruction stickers in perfect cond! If it runs, we'll use it .

The old Briggs ones with cast iron flywheels had throttles. The newer ones are set speed. If you see 5hps with magnetron ignition, they will replace the points type and eliminate the points.You just cut the wire to the points and hook the kill switch to the coil. Part # is 397358,I think.

BTW, the black engine is an old 6BS with original paint in great cond!

I think these were the first all aluminum Briggs engines made.

jeep4me

Can't beat those prices!! Very nice reel mower. I picked one up at a flea market but it was a little bigger, like what they mower greens on a golf course. I have a Yardman walk behind blower that has those same hub caps.

The tires are nice, I wonder if the old guy ever mowed his lawn!

He did seem to mantenace and take care of his engines though.

that black engine is the same engine that was on my Fox Sprite when i got it, i think its only a 1.5 horse, i had to push myself around everywhere with that engine on my mini... NOT a good mini engine...