Smaller sprocket?

Go Kart Sprockets & Mini Bike Sprockets The second sprocket down that page, will this fit a DB30? I know that the DB has 6 bolts but i am not sure of the measurements. Otherwise, where can i get a blank sprocket? Not one with no teeth, one without mounting holes. OR one with holes drilled, but that wont interfere if i drilled additional holes in it. What sprockets have you put on a DB for more top speed? It is worth getting a tav?

tomsprops

That doesn't look like the correct hole pattern to me ? I just replaced my rear sprocket this week with a 60 tooth blank that I drilled myself .
And yes a Tav2 with a 60 tooth sprocket will ROCK !!!!:thumbsup:

that sprocket won't fit. no one makes ones that work with the DB so you either have to get a blank and drill it or find a 65t off an older DB.

the 65t DB sprocket looks like the one in my sig.

Get a blank sprocket, and drill it out - taking your time of course.:thumbsup:

Measure three times, drill once. Doing the job in the reverse order will result in you having an expensive paper weight.

Where can i find blank sprockets? For a #35 chain. Also, whats the smallest rear sprocket i could run and still have decent acceleration?

Not sure where you can pick up a blank....I live in Canada and picked up a 60T for $25.00CAD.

I know people have posted links in the past - try searching sprockets on the forums - something should come up to help you.

Regarding sprocket size - it all depends on what you want and how much the rider weighs. I weigh 200lbs and personally, I think 60T was perfect - any less and I think acceleration would suffer - not to mention your clutch might wear pre-maturely.

i just drilled one ,i got it from mfg supply in wisconson ,it comes with a 1.5 inch hole in the center,line it up with the one on the mini and drill the 6 holes, prinncess auto has them but the center hole is only 1.25 . you can buy it online ,they ship to canada .:wink:

Im not speaking from experience but from what ive read on this site. It will work as long as you drill out your own holes, and possibly the center hole if needed. Make sure the 4 holes already drilled wont be in the way of making new mounting holes.

that sprocket should work fine.

just be sure that the holes are centered. check a bunch of times and drill once. it's not hard to do, but it's easy to hahahaha up.

search google for sprocket creaters. Ive never used one but im sure you could print out a stencil. that would make it easier to drill perfectly spaced holes.