Sno-Runner engine hop up questions

L90 is the standard Sno-Runner plug

I think you may have a few of your NGK letters and numbers arse about face :confused: ... but I understand the heat range you are referring to. An 8 or 9 will most likely be too cold for my application, I'm going to be no where near your go kart power. But still useful info.

NGK to champion is a little like trying to translate English to Mandarin!

L90, L90C or RL90C are all about equiv to an NGK heat range of 5 ...
L86C or RL86C is probably where I'll need to be (BR6ES)

... Porting a 4 stroke I can do and get results ... hand it to a pro I better results ...
Darn it! Too many late night vodka and tonics!
What I meant is ...

... Porting a 4 stroke I can do and get results ... hand it to a pro and get better results ...

carl ., I always screw them NGK numbers up .. who makes the L90 .. dang a 6 seems awfull hot ..I run 8,s or 9,s but we hold our stuff wide open most the time ..

everyone has there own preferances

I guess id rather foul a 2 dollar plug rather than burning the end off one and have it drop on piston ... 820,s are chrome bore and theres not much of it ... lol

.. who makes the L90 .. dang a 6 seems awfull hot ..I run 8,s or 9,s but we hold our stuff wide open most the time ..

everyone has there own preferances

I guess id rather foul a 2 dollar plug rather than burning the end off one and have it drop on piston ... 820,s are chrome bore and theres not much of it ... lol
Champion L90 is the plug listed in the original sno-runner parts list
Champion L90C is identical except it has a copper core and the NGK equivalent is a B5HS ...

B = 14mm thread
H = 12.7mm (1/2") reach
S = Copper core

NGK to Champion translation is

B5HS = L90C
B6HS = L86C
B7HS = L82C
B8HS = L78C
B9HS = L77JC

I totally trust your judgment and experience with plug choice for your full race motors, but you are running a .016" thick head gasket and WOT most of the time. I'll be running a lower CR with .032" head gasket and on and off the throttle.

I'm not going to be anywhere near your power figures
I'm hoping to take the engine from the standard 7hp to about 11hp ... I'm guessing you guys are running a lot more ... 18hp+(?)

I think the L86C will be about right for what I'm doing ... but I'll get an L82C as well and try it.

wait till you ride them .. they handle like a mini bike with bald tires on ice ..you will laugh your butts off .. and they rip right along ..hope your pretty flexible you will be using lots of body English to stay on one ...lol

I got to thinkin they are used in the winter so a hotter spark plug makes sense id never go near my kart engines with an ngk 6 or 5 ...

get them all tuned up you guys will have a blast with them ..

sorry you guys I totally forgot about the gaskets ..im so far behind on my farm and at work I havnt been doing much with karts and mini,s

one .032 gasket is a pretty safe bet ... no chance of squish being to tight and it wont run hot .. like a .016 ..and one .032 compaired to two of them stacked on top each other means quit a bit .. but it makes them harder to pull with a string so if you don't have a compression release hang on .. lol

.032" gaskets

sorry you guys I totally forgot about the gaskets ..im so far behind on my farm and at work I havnt been doing much with karts and mini,s
No problem Steve, whenever you are ready.

I'm still tinkering with the customized Snow-thrower, plenty to do ... then I'll start on the Snorunners.