Snow Removal... (for us lucky ones that get it) What Do You Use? Show n' Tell

Wow, I didn't know Stihl even made those, thanks for the info. I don't believe my local Stihl distributor has those, never saw them in the showroom along with the other power equipment.

Last edited:
A lot of STIHL Dealers aren't fully stocked. We're an Elite STIHL Dealer, and I like to stock as much equipment as I believe useful. Those aren't the most popular, but there are many attachments that go with them. Smart contractors can understand, appreciate and make the most out of all tools.

Wow, I didn't know Stihl even made those, thanks for the info. I don't believe my local Stihl distributor has those, never saw them in the showroom along with the other power equipment.

maverick1

Hard for me to relate living in Florida all my life but you got to appreciate neat task related motorized equipment. Cool pics and thread.

I use a vintage 1979 Case 222 garden tractor with a Case Snocaster on it. I don't have a good picture of it. But here is an action shot :)
It used to be a wonderful machine. The last few years have been bad. Something is always breaking...

Danford1
Case 222 with snoblower.JPG

I don't have pics, but this past summer I picked up most of a Craftsman single stage push blower. It was missing the chute. It had been sitting a while, but I got it running. It blew blue for a while, but now runs clean. I looked at Sears.com for the parts, but they don't sell the chute separate from the main housing, and that costs more than a whole new blower. I found a piece that is big enough, and have devised a way to mount it so it will rotate. I might get some time to finish it between Christmas and New Years. If this thread is still current, I'll try and get a pic or two of the finished project.

I let the landlord deal with that stuff.

At work, we have a good old fashioned shovel that we use for the back steps and the front entrance, a local plow guy takes care of the rest.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=IMG_0357.mp4[/video]
my early 80,s ariens 32in with a briggs 16hp vtwin 12volt electric start beast this thing will throw my neighbors cat right over my house