@#%*&<+#^ Snow!

The previous snow from December has just melted away here in southwestern Virginia, and now we have 7 inches of new snow with a additional 6-11 inches more expected before all is said and done. :cursing:

We had just been able to ride off-road on our minis, providing the ground was frozen. I realize that there's many others on the forum who have to deal with snowfall as a fact of life, but usually around here we may get maybe one good snow per winter, and many times just a light dusting (if that much).

Makes me wonder should I have bought the snow blower instead of the additional Baja Warrior...? :confused:

Naahh...! :no:

Jimmy S.

delray

you will be ok. probable melt couple days or so. maybe find a snow blower unit with tracks and mount one of the tracks on it with a wide ski on the front.:smile:

Last Saturday (23rd of Jan) it was 55 degrees. My son and I fired up the mini's and took a little ride around the neighborhood. This Saturday its 16 degrees....Winter sucks. I did try my MiniBaja MB165 in about 4" of snow earlier this month. It was hard to ride and I slid all over the place. Had to drag my feet the whole time. Wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

you will be ok. probable melt couple days or so. :smile:
Yeah, the weatherman missed his forecast by 8 or 9 inches, the sun is out and at 9:45 am the temperture is already past the high that he predicted for the day.

Can't ride, so I'm formulating a plan for a rack to haul my mini bikes (a DB30 and 2 Warriors) in the bed of my truck. I plan on having them ride upright with a tiedown stap to stabilize them. :wink:

Jimmy S.

:lol:
Its been to cold to snow here its all south of me :lol:.

I just keep looking at the calender and there's only about 5-6 weeks more of this and it will start to go bye-bye.
No it wont be warm but heading that way overall.

I dont think we have gotten much more than 6"s total here at the house.

I expect to get some serious snowfalls before this season is over though.

Hey, we had a high of 37 degrees today and managed to get a good hour of ridin' in before things started freezin' back. The paved parking lot and access road where we have been riding had just been cleared of snow, so we loaded up the bikes on the truck and headed out.

We did our first attempts at some snow riding. Needless to say, to keep the bike under you feathering of the throttle is a necessity. I thought I'd give it a shot, and when I made it back to the cleared pavement I turned and saw my wife and twelve year old daughter following along in my tracks! :eek: They made it through okay and were ready for more. :thumbsup:

Nobody laid down their bike, so in all I'd say it was a good day. :smile:

Jimmy S.

Another weekend, another snow...

Here we are, another weekend and another snowfall here in southwestern Virginia. :thumbdown: An additional 7 inches to go along with what we had laying around from last weekend....

I took the opportunity to build the mini bike rack for my truck bed to haul the DB30 and 2 Warriors. I bought the materials from the local Lowes Homebuilders (treated lumber precut at the store to save time :hack: ). I used the treated lumber so I could just leave it in the back of my truck and it would withstand the different weather conditions. Now the bikes will ride standing upright (the 2 Warriors to either side and the doodlebug between it's big brothers :biggrin: ). My truck has two tie-down hooks on either side of the bed and I'll use a rachet-strap to secure the bikes while hauling them.

Since it'll be too bad to ride any this weekend, I'm planning on changing the rear tire on the DB30 tomorrow. The tread on both sides of the OEM tire are worn away completely and likely to blow out in the near future. I've already replaced a rear tire on one of the Warriors (the new Kenda K572 Road-Go tire is doing great and I would highly recommend it to Mini Baja/Heat/Warrior owners, especially if you ride on asphalt a lot) so I kinda know what to expect (I figure it'll be tougher due to the smaller size). I'm thinking about buying an extra rear rim assembly and have a spare tire mounted and ready.

Jimmy S.

You just need to have the right toys for winter. I like snow, I do not like sub zero temps. It been a decent winter this year here in NW Ohio. I played in the snow today.

I've noticed that as I'm getting older, I have less hair on the top of my head and more hair on my back...:sadcrying4:

Jimmy S.
I'm thinning on the top also but luckily I have lots of hair coming out my ears and nose so soon I'll be able to do a comb-up & over.:smile:

We havnt gotten any snow here in weeks it snows just about everyday but I think its just the same flakes floating around.

You just need to have the right toys for winter. I like snow, I do not like sub zero temps. It been a decent winter this year here in NW Ohio. I played in the snow today.
The toy that I've used the most this winter is a snow shovel. I live right on a four-lane highway and every time that VDOT scrapes the road they fill my driveway up. We have rode some in the snow with our mini bikes, but not a lot.

The temps have been below normal most of the winter, although the lowest temperture I've seen here is about 8 degrees F. We usually get our snow out of Ohio (your part of the country), but this year all the wet weather has been coming out of Texas and Louisiana.

I'm thinning on the top also but luckily I have lots of hair coming out my ears and nose so soon I'll be able to do a comb-up & over.:smile:
Yeah, I hear you....

Reminds me of an old Jethro Tull song, "Too old to rock 'n' roll, too young to die". :wink:

Jimmy S.

richs

its snowing rite now on top of the 30 we just got its to deep for minibikes and now its to deep for even the three wheeler and there saying another 12 to 20 this sucks

you will be ok. probable melt couple days or so. maybe find a snow blower unit with tracks and mount one of the tracks on it with a wide ski on the front.:smile:
:eek:hmy: DO NOT ride in FRONT of a throttling snow blower head unit though. Might end up all :stuart: in the neighbors yard. Those things are nasty. Maybe make it detachable. Snow blower one day, mud mobile the next. :shifty: