So close you can almost taste it...........

The thread about the guy that "let himself in" the lady's house and took pics of her sons mini bikes got me thinking about this.

Does anyone have any tales of seeing or knowing of mini bike / go kart / and related things that you could see, get close to, but not grasp?

When I was a teen in the 80s I hung around with this kid that had and did all the cool things. He knew of a guy that had a go kart roller beside his house. That guy, then when he died, his wife just wouldn't let it go. The kid practically begged them to sell it to him. They never budged. So there it sat, rusting away for years. The kid wanted it so badly that he was even plotting to figure out how to steal it. Never did though.

Now, more recently, every day when I walk in and out of work, I get to see a water pump with a nice honda motor on it just begging for me to take it home to put on a bike or kart.

Anyone else have any stories like these to tell?

trinik7597

The thread about the guy that "let himself in" the lady's house and took pics of her sons mini bikes got me thinking about this.

Does anyone have any tales of seeing or knowing of mini bike / go kart / and related things that you could see, get close to, but not grasp?

When I was a teen in the 80s I hung around with this kid that had and did all the cool things. He knew of a guy that had a go kart roller beside his house. That guy, then when he died, his wife just wouldn't let it go. The kid practically begged them to sell it to him. They never budged. So there it sat, rusting away for years. The kid wanted it so badly that he was even plotting to figure out how to steal it. Never did though.

Now, more recently, every day when I walk in and out of work, I get to see a water pump with a nice honda motor on it just begging for me to take it home to put on a bike or kart.

Anyone else have any stories like these to tell?
don't be too upset you would have to buy a new crank for it:laugh::thumbsup:

I was driving back from Pa. today and saw a house witha bunch of junk in the driveway. A big for sale sign as if they have a perpetual yard sale. There were a couple of go karts that caught my eye. I pulled up and there was a really old mini bike in the garage. I knocked and looked for the owner but nobody was home. There could have been more minis that were in there based on all the similar type stuff around. But I didn't go in the crowded garage for risk of being shot... So I left it for the next guy...