So mad I could SPIT

I laughed too. On the inside. I have had the head of maybe ten times now and it just hit me. Almost pretended like I fixed the valves and it magically worked but uh, you guys should all have a good chuckle at my expense.

I laughed too. On the inside. I have had the head of maybe ten times now and it just hit me. Almost pretended like I fixed the valves and it magically worked but uh, you guys should all have a good chuckle at my expense.
No worries. We all have moments that we would rather forget.

It's a shot in the dark, but have you installed a new spark plug after all the problems?......I have experienced this same scenario and a fouled plug was the gremlin.....just my input..FD

buckeye

No head gasket will cause issues.:laugh:

See, we all assumed the obvious stuff was ok. Never would have thought to ask.:thumbsup:

WrenchDad

I started on page one with this thread and as soon as I heard you say it popped once on fluid but wont start and run I thought loose head or bad gasket. As I have had this same problem just recently. (that's why my build off bike wouldn't run) I'm sure a new gasket will make the difference.

This is the first time I've taken one of these this far apart. It didn't have a head gasket when I tore it down the first time and I assumed these didn't call for one. Everyone knows what happens when I make assumptions.

I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel on it. If the timing is off by a tooth will it not start at all? I thought it would start and run poorly or at least make some smoke or something.

I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel on it. If the timing is off by a tooth will it not start at all? I thought it would start and run poorly or at least make some smoke or something.
i ran into a similar problem. It would choke or 'try' to start. Finally I just dropped my tools and walked away.

I pulled the flywheel and even though I was getting spark, the cam wasn't opening and closing the points. Its like it went flat.

Im going to pull engine apart and see if I can fix. I milled the head, new springs...yadda yadda.

Hope this helps. It stinks to waste hours on something that doesn't want to budge. :no: