Some weekend pickins

Picked up a whole bunch of odds n ends this weekend. Bunch of nos air cleaner housings and mufflers. One of the coolest things are these chrome chain guards that I think I was told were made for Gemini bikes. But I'm sure they could work for many bikes. If anyone needs one I'll be selling some. These would go on the right side from jack shaft to wheel.

Another nice one is this number plate. Gonna put that one my MTD Trail bike until I get lights going, if ever.

Also found the gas tank for my Clinton. Awesome.

Found four more Black Beauty rear shocks and a couple of carbs with HS intake on em. Some good miscellaneous pickins.

markus

I spy with my little eye....the fuel gauge on the tank :thumbsup: I always wanted to put one of those on a tank, the old stock kits stay up there in price though!

nice finds :thumbsup:

Ding Ding

It could very well be a Rupp component. Rupp Scramblers/Roadsters and Gemini Scramblers were very similar.

I don't think Rupp made a Scrambler that was bright orange though?

I spy with my little eye....the fuel gauge on the tank :thumbsup: I always wanted to put one of those on a tank, the old stock kits stay up there in price though!

nice finds :thumbsup:
After stripping the front it looks to me like it was added later. Looks like a small box was cut out and sealed up again.

markus

After stripping the front it looks to me like it was added later. Looks like a small box was cut out and sealed up again.
it would not have needed antother hole for install, they just slip in through the top slot:

As terrible as fuel is today I would be worried about it tearing up the the already brittle plastic, but man they are neat!

I have an original tank that came stock with the gauge and it's in about the same shape. I don't think the plastic they used for the bubble took to petroleum very well. I was dreaming up a new bubble that I'd have to machine and polish so it's clear again. Something with some decent chemical resistance. I had looked for them in the past as well and seen the super high dollar ones on eBay.

I have an original tank that came stock with the gauge and it's in about the same shape. I don't think the plastic they used for the bubble took to petroleum very well. I was dreaming up a new bubble that I'd have to machine and polish so it's clear again. Something with some decent chemical resistance. I had looked for them in the past as well and seen the super high dollar ones on eBay.
Yeah you can not see into mine. Like as you said, the inside is all fouled up.

it would not have needed antother hole for install, they just slip in through the top slot:

As terrible as fuel is today I would be worried about it tearing up the the already brittle plastic, but man they are neat!
You might not have needed to but this person definately did. It's not as clear in that pic as it is to the naked eye that this is a box cut out up there. And to the right was a bunch of solidified solder drippings. Sloppy job. I'm thinking they put nuts on those bolts up top to make it super tight. Who knows... As long as it doesn't leak I'm good. How much is that kit? That's something I would waste my money on!

markus

You might not have needed to but this person definately did. It's not as clear in that pic as it is to the naked eye that this is a box cut out up there. And to the right was a bunch of solidified solder drippings. Sloppy job. I'm thinking they put nuts on those bolts up top to make it super tight. Who knows... As long as it doesn't leak I'm good. How much is that kit? That's something I would waste my money on!
They usually list around $50-60 BIN on ebay, I'm sure if you were diligent in searching they pop up for next to nothing here and there out of auction lot buyouts and such.