Spending Money

gee, it's surprising just how fast money can be spent...

lately I've known that the whole Rupp project was going to be expensive, but I've been buying parts a lot slower lately so I could afford food at work and thirst busters before school without feeling like I just dumped a full fortune in a week. Because I use to just blow every penny I had on bike parts, and even though it felt like Christmas a few days later, I still kinda felt like "well damn, guess I'm broke again."

since I've had this job it seems I'm not as good as saving money as I original thought. I was surprised to see that I've spent just over $1000 in three months and almost $500 of that was from last month alone, all I remember buying for the bike was tires and paint. :doah: (anyone think I should run for president?) :lol:

for a lot of you I know that doesn't seem like much but for working 13 hours a week at $7.85/hr DAMN am I shocked to see how big the total is.... well at least I got a little motivation to start spending (and saving) more wisely now. :doah:

anyone else feel like they go through money like gasoline? :shrug::laugh:

buckeye

Multiply by a whole bunch. Buy a house, groceries, work clothes,gas for 2 vehicles, upkeep on them and the house, and just add in cable,internet, electricty,water, and the list goes on and on.

Yep, I can relate.

I go through it, but we save a good chunk too. It took our first 10 years of marriage to get here also. I don't count on ever being comfortable. I have a decent retirement and savings but I spend it well too!

toomanytoys

I remember in 2003 I was making 1500 a pay.

I had an apartment and all the bills with it for was a 1000, 500 a month for a car, 200 for insurance and the figure in food, entertainment, and women I never put any.money away. I was constantly broke! Considering I was 19 at the time.

my mom actually cut off TV service because those companies pretty much ROB you for their service. Internet isnt much better but that's more important than TV anyway. (that is till OldMiniBikes comes out with a show). it's been close to two years without TV service and I hardly even remember or miss it. :shrug:

my mom actually cut off TV service because those companies pretty much ROB you for their service. Internet isnt much better but that's more important than TV anyway. (that is till OldMiniBikes comes out with a show). it's been close to two years without TV service and I hardly even remember or miss it. :shrug:
we switched to super basic cable. its like 12 channels and 6 buks a month instead of 65. and we still get internet through them but at severly reduced cost because we complained once then it was out for a few days. we wanted $12. off the bill since we didnt get service for a few days but they insisted we get it at the introductory rate for a year. So if you want a cheap cable bill just threaten to switch to dish and theyll give you a deal :thumbsup:

WrenchDad

It will only get worse as inflation goes up. Eventually you will prioratize your spending,you'll start saving as the need for things goes up. You'll notice How much you'll save if you dont buy food at work or buy drinks before class. I bought take out or from the machine for the first couple years when I started working, boy did that add up fast sometimes $60 bucks a week just for lunch ( thats a Craigslist bike in just one month ). Yeah I feel the pain, like Buckeye said add a House ,car,insurance, bills, medical problems,kids,pets,toys, taxes. You would be suprized how eazy you can get used to Bologna.. Have fun and good luck:laugh: