Sprocket size help

Hi guy
Just got a Baja doodle with a predictor hemi 6.5 hp. The mini has a 72 inch sprocket on the rest. The bike got tons of torque but ar half to 3/4 speed sakes like hell. I like to cruse atound 20 mph but it's shakie there . Can I switch to a smaller rear sprocket to get the rpm down some for a nicer 20 mph cruise? How low should I go?

I have a clutch on the front with a small sprocket.

Thx Tom image.jpg

Took her out today for a ride. She got way to much punch. At a 10 mph roll the front tire will lift. So I like to change front or rear. Counted the front sprocket todat it's a 12 tooth with 72 tooth rear. Any suggestion? Thx guys

My DB does the same thing yours does...and i'm running the same 12/72 . What kind of clutch are you running ? Max Torque ?

Don't know on clutch have to look and let YA know. do you have the predator 212 on your DB? Don't miss understand me I love to do wheelie but can't be on my back. Maybe after wheelie bars are on but my concern if I let someone take it for a ride and they nail it abd the front comes up you know the rest. It's got a 12/72 for sprockets. I like the split sprockets idea going to try that thank you.

Should I change the front or just leave it? Also any suggestions where to start on the back try 60 tooth maybe?
Also I assume this is a #35 change. I know I am new THX all mini killer go for a ride every night. My Harley V Rod sit in garage and I ride my mini.

:laugh: Yea I know, a but buster ! If you are lucky and its not your back. I have one of the rear sprocket adapters on another build of my and right now I'm running a 62 on the rear but my Predator still has tons of torque....I think a 60 would be a good place to start. You can buy the racing kart gears every where for cheap.

If you buy the rear adapter...just leave the front alone.

Last edited: