Started another project mini today..The Doodle Bug

jeep4me

I got up early this morning and started in on the Doodle Bug frame. I just bought it back from a friend of mine that I had sold it to a couple of months ago. It was already stripped and sand blasted, so all I had to do was paint it.

jeep4me

I started on the El Burro, but the guy who does the acid bath and sandblasting is really busy right now and won't get to that frame for another week or so. I have to have something to do while the wife is working.

jeep4me

Speaking of overspray, whats the best way to paint an engine? I haven't done one before and I don't want it to look like your sympathy bike, GTO

I'd do a good degreasing and cleaning,then use **LIGHT** coats of engine paint.

Pain't build up can mess with cooling and if you have one with natural aluminum fins, you might want to leave that part alone (if the color goes well with the bike)

And fo Gawd sakes get a drop cloth! :thefinger:

jeep4me

Yep, it's the real deal. I spotted it on my way home from getting ice cream at the Dairy Queen. A guy who owns an appliance repair store had it on a trailer waiting to go to the scrap yard. It had an engine, well part of an engine, on it and when I asked him how much he wanted for it he said $100. I said I'd give him $40 and he could keep the motor. Next thing I know I'm loading it in the Jeep.