Starting old school go fast build....

Guess Ive been goin at it all wrong...ya gotta join OldMiniBikes forum if ya wants ta get laid!
I'll follow up on those hot leads soon, I wonder if subfanatic has another bag.... lol
Just make sure you are both wearing a bag incase hers falls off. :thumbsup:

I dunno what top speeds the karts hit, was watching vids of em lookin like they were doin about 60 on the straights and hitting the rev limiter. Its always hard to judge speed on small toys! The bike will move out alot faster.
Having no experience with this motor yet, Im sorta in the dark about whats gonna happen when I stab the throttle. I know the front ends comin up, and I know its gonna be fast. We'll have to see what the optimum gear ratio will be, starting out with 4.1 to 1. This things gonna hurt me....ambulence on standby!

Got a little work done today. Started by going out front and gathering all the nuts, bolts, and pcs that rattled off the bike when I fired it! While doing this I thought to myself, Jheez, what a rattletrap....good name for it.

I made up an oil drain spigot that wont drool on the motor plate, I hate it when that happens.

Made up a seat bottom board, 3/4" plywood, and will have Lesch Canvas next door do up my seat. It'll run about 40 bucks, not bad for a custom seat, most go for around $30 anyway.

Also came up with a cool choke lever...does anyone/everyone know what it is?

Last edited:
mopar 70 got it! Now that the cats out of the bag Im a bit embarassed, I mean come on...plumbing fixtures on the minibike??

I guess thats the fun of it...:smile:

buckeye

Take a survey and ask members how many times they walk through the hardware store looking for something they can use on their bikes.Bey there are several if not all yes I haves.:laugh:
You are a genious!

Ace is the Place....:laugh:

Found it in the bottom of the plumbing bucket out in the shop, brand new still, just had to get it on the bike somewhere....its unique! Wish I could quit my welding job and just build minis...its my true passion, Id love going to work each and every day brothers.

Is it just me, or do we need some new choices when it comes to minibike parts? Seems theres damn little to choose from if you want your bike to be unique. Of course thats where the fun begins for some of us who build their own stuff. My bike has go kart, quarter midget, and minibike parts, a kart motor, some plumbing parts :thumbsup:....we need our own parts line, just for bikes.

Enough jaw flappin I gotta spin the guts around in my clutch to run the sprocket inboard on the crank...sorry, no pics tonite unless ya wanna see the titan clutch all in pcs....

I'll need to get pics and a video posted soon. The seat was finished within 24 hrs, will get a pic up tomorrow. I got the clutch turned around and lined up perfectly with rear sprocket, so despite the absence of footpegs or a brake, I just had to take it up the street a few times, :eek:ut:, moderate load, to break in the engine and the clutch. Clutch engages at 4100 rpm so it sounds like you're not going anywhere at first, then ya start movin out and the front end comes up at about 20mph and carries as far as you want it to at about 3/8 throttle. Once ya get the front end back down and gas it again it starts really pullin hard! Im gonna need a wheelie bar...brakes...and some new boots! And a drive chain idler, I see scratches on the frame rail! Hmmm, lets use a rollerskate wheel for that.

Im pretty happy with its first ride! :thumbsup: There are a couple drawbacks, weight distribution favors the right side a bit, probably due to the massive flywheel. I cant move the engine over any more to the left so it is what it is. It doesnt corner too bad with the 6" slick, but could handle better, compared to the punch this thing has ya dont really notice...you adjust to it.

The 4.1 to 1 ratio seems to be right between what Id want for a 1/4 mile gear and an 1/8 mile gear....3.6 to 1 should work well in the quarter, 4.6 to 1 for 1/8...we'll see! First lets do the brake! :wink:

Well, thats one way to offset weight! Its not noticable...and still sits upright with no kickstand.

Here's most recent pics, about 90% done with mockup.The seat and catch can have been added, need a 3/16 fitting for the can for carb overflow. Just cant get that 3/16 line over a 1/4 nipple!

The seat drawing I made said 3.5 in tall on front portion....somehow it ended up at 5 in tall. I wanted the seam in front of seat but they put it up the back. So, its not perfect, Sorta took the dragbike line away but it sure is comfy, and gives the ol ass cheeks somethin to clench to!!

Starting to think about a color for the frame.
And I am one colorblind dude!! :doah:
A cool color passed me in the car the other day, was like a metallic yellow color but sorta lime green and orange all at the same time...very catchy! Was on a Ford Focus Titanium. The new Camaro has a bitchin green (I think) as well. Anyone have suggestions?? Thanks for lookin in....

Glad to see it so well recieved....thanks guys!

Still need that all important brake! Im having trouble with it, its hydraulic and just aint got the squeeze it should....:hammer:

Im trying out a Premier Titan WF kart clutch, its givin me wheelies once going but seems to be slippin at launch, engagement rpm may be too high at 4100, or gear is too high. Or my street isnt long enough! Im already looking at a disc clutch, gotta save $$ for dem!

Footpegs?? Yah, they're next too!

Cant wait to really stab this thing...