Stellar Black Beauty Project

It was at this point the very helpful Trinik7597 suggested I cut the wheel off as he has been there before. He most likely saved this wheel because my next step was to smack the living crap out of the axle to get it out.

Don't soak the rear brakes too bad....they are not easy to find. But if you do...I have some..lol.
Whoa didnt see this inbetween the uploads... At minimum im going to need shoes as the pads disintegrated and came crumbling out when I was able to get it off the wheel. But I dont see this axle ever coming off the brake itself. Do you have the LIMTCO brake or just shoes?

All I have left are a couple pairs of just the shoes and springs. I am keeping one pair..but the other is up for grabs. And if you have access to a press...you can get that out. Otherwise...a lot of steps in drilling to remove it.

Progress made on this one for the first time in weeks.
1) While pickin my favorite minibike graveyard I was able to obtain this new brake assembly

2) ive gotten new brake pads from other helpful and generous OldMiniBikes members.

3) I just got a call from the machine shop and the axle has been freed from the old brake assembly!!

Onward with this one! Yes!!!

Last edited:
The brake has been freed and is back home at Tillotson Headquarters. Still feels smooth inside despite the hardships its faced.

And now that I have it next to that other one I found I can confirm it is a perfect match!

Cheezy1's brake shoes have arrived and they fit perfectly!

Thank you so much!

Well, then... onward now with this lil Black Beauty! Which is a good thing cuz having it on horses in the middle of my work area has been a real pain in the butt!

Now, if I could only remember how all these brake pieces go back together. Should be interesting.. Heeheeehee!!