Stellar Mini bikes late 60's early 70's

Today you can get anything, almost that is. When I was 10 years old I got my first mini bike. it was a Stellar Quasi 3 1/2 hp with a techumsha engine. The Quasi had front and rear shocks. There was a place here in Brooklyn New York called Brooklyn kart Center on Stillwell Avenue. They carried all the Stellar models and I also remember when Stellar came out with the Chopper. It was red with an extended fork. Later on I had A Rupp, then two bikes that were bought at Sears and I even had a Go kart which had a techumsha 4 HP engine. Then I remember when the Chiorda ( i think it was from Italy) came out, it was yellow and had I think 3 or 4 gears. Then Yamaha came out with I believe a 50cc bike (Yellow) 3 or 4 gears like a mini dirt bike. I see alot of so called vintage mini bikes but only came across one Stellar which was a smaller version of the Quasi and it was in gold. As far as I remember Stellar bikes were metallic blue except for the chopper. All the Stellar's came with 3 or 3 1/2 HP engines with clutches on the shaft in reverse with handbrakes. I know a catalog exists of all the models so If anyone has any Stellar mini bikes please let me know as I have been looking for about 2 years. I heard the company was in business from 1967 to 1973, any info is good.

tomsprops

I think the George Barris minibike's(super stocker model) were based on the quasi frames .I still looking for a conformation that he purchased his frames from them. I'm digging and persistant, maybe I'll turn over some info on it ?

I am restoring a 1971? Stellar Black Beauty mini I found a few months ago, with my son. I didn't know what type of mini it was until the guru's of this site helped me identify it.There's not too much info out there about these bikes. We have stripped & painted the frame & rebuilt the 3hp Briggs. I need to add a clutch cover, front fender & new seat.

Im nearing completion on a restoration of a Stellar fun kart. Im not sure of the exact year, but the seat material was dated 1967. No paint just yet, but all mocked up.

Stellar Chopper

Does anyone have any pictures of a fully restored stellaer chopper. I just pickes one up the other day and want to restore it or if someone makes me an offer to buy it. I have the rare stellar chain guard and stellar face plat. Im also selling an all original cat eliminator that is in great shape i found it sitting in the back of a guys garage and he sold it to me. I also have one of thoes stellar mini bikes with the tank that sits in the frame with the clips that hold it on.

Well this forum runs in photographs so where is your fuel for the burning fire inside the heart of the OldMiniBikes LOL
I have a mystery chopper in my photo albums that is waiting to be identified.
Who knows what you have it might be a very rare collectors dream or just a common issue, so try and get a few pictures up.
Steve :scooter:

I showed it to a mini bike collecter and he even said it was a stellar chopper. It says it right on front of it and the sissy bar is connected to the frame. o you have any pics of your chopper that you dony know what it is.

Vintage Cat Eliminator For Sale

I have an all original cat eliminator. The bike was never messed with no rips in the seat oe rewelds on the frame. Its for sale tho. Sorry i have no pics right now my cameras broke.

Chopper I D

I showed it to a mini bike collecter and he even said it was a stellar chopper. It says it right on front of it and the sissy bar is connected to the frame. o you have any pics of your chopper that you dony know what it is.
Well there is pictures of my mystery chopper in my photo albums I am not sure who made it but I would like to verify it's maker and obtain pictures of what it was like from a factory brochure.
Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

First off, Welcome to Old minibikes !
Second, We don't do appraisals for mini's ( especially on your first post ) but We all really enjoy looking at photo's . Post some photo's and we would be more than happy tell you what you have ? Hopefully you'll want to get it running and have some fun !:thumbsup: