stepping it up a bit, need carb and timing advice.

so i finally spent a few dollars to step the hp up on my lifan from harbor freight. this is not a cruiser bike, and it will be for racing around with my friends. i dont dare take it to the mini bike drags, i dont wanna get spanked by minidragbike!! lol.. :laugh: i dont want to be the fastest out there, just faster than my friends i ride with.

here is the list of parts so far.

arc stock length rod and flywheel.
honda flat top piston, rings, wrist pin, clips
honda gx 200 level 4 head from nr-racing ported with single 26lb (will probably change to 55lb soon) springs .065 milled off, 27.5 intake (wanted to keep compression down so i dont have to run race fuel, for now anyways!)
honda .010 head gasket
nr-racing 274 cam
nr-racing 1.3 billet steel rockers
.100 shorter chromoly pushrods
honda gx200 lifters
nr-racing billet guide plate and honda rocker posts
arp side cover and head bolts
pretty much only thing left that is lifan is the case and crank.
block has not been decked, it has the factory deck height from lifan.

next up is a carb. i absolutely hate the mikuni 22m round slide carbs. the lack of accelerator pump makes them horrible for off throttle response.

i want a tilly. i want the adjustability on the outside. i like that feature.

will the 304 for gasoline work good with this combo? too big of a carb, or is the venturi too small and i need to go larger?

also, timing. would adding 4 more degrees over stock be a good start, or do i need to add a few more? i wont run a key, since they seem to fail. i lapped the flywheel to the crank, so i will be doing the keyless thing with blue loctite.

thanks again for the help. i would call minidragbike, but i dont have his number. i know he loves them tilly carbs... :thumbsup:

i also picked up a horstman reaper clutch for this thing. cant wait to get it all running. i think im going electric start too. tire of pulling on starters...

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
All the parts sound good except those valves springs as you already know.

The 304wx is a nice gas carb, I'm currently building one like your setup with a 304wx.

The 4 degrees advance works really well on gas with the ARC flywheel.