Stolen Taco Mini Bikes

I saw street light pics and video before. Last time was when my neighbors boat was stolen and a street camera caught them pulling away. Another camera 30 miles away pulling the 250hp Merc off with fork lift from a flat bed and then pics of them setting the boat on fire. There was a bar across the street that had cameras on their parking lot/field and he actually got to see his boat burn to the ground. :doah:

Motor was never found and everything else was melted.

So ask surrounding companies if they have cameras in those areas you checked. It was the Bar that got the best videos. you have time line and locations so you even know where to start. Business with cameras could have caught the plate number.

But in the end. They never caught anyone. And even investigated my neighbor because he was upside down on the boat.

Last edited:

james c

CLlos angeles >westside-southbay >all for sale / wanted >motorcycles/scooters - by owner
contact x prohibited[?] Posted: 2 hours ago
Taco 55 mini bike - $4000 (Los Angeles)
image 1
condition: excellent

Nice restored Taco 55 with West Bend 2 stroke. Runs perfectly.
I also have some Go Power Wheels that I will include with the sale. $4000 obo
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4640432354 posted: 2 hours ago updated: 2 hours ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Last edited:
Yeah it hurts and especially if they were dumped for scrap metal, check those places also like in sunland. So its to late now but Was there a trailer hitch lock installed? Was there a GPS locater on board, people use that type thing on bikes even? I would have had at least an alarm motion detector?

I wrote down the info and noted the damage to right front corner which would make it easy to spot? I'm about 3 mi west but wonder which way they drove off. If it were towards the freeway it could be anywhere I guess but i'm thinking it was becoming sunrise and would they really want to drive a stolen trailer in daylight?. Sad deal... (that truck might pass by that lot everyday?)hope ya find um and if I do first would like a pick of the litter,:laugh: lol but not so funny:sad:

ps. was there any damage to the left side of trailer to identify it? looks like it has steel wheels w/holes?

Last edited:
looks like the truck is headed south on victoy bl. maybe to alameda st :shrug: lt to fwy?
Thats not good. Has Don tried giving info to Highway Patrol, they have cams in cars and maybe cal trans cams? Sucks....Keep trying and might get lucky.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss , I'm in cali also I will be keeping my ears and eyes open for you also hope you find your bikes. I'll do what I can help good luck.

No update as of now

Hey Everybody,

Thanks for keeping your eyes and ears out for any info, but as of now I have nothing new to report either.

I would give almost anything to get those bikes back and I hope to god they don't scrap the bikes.

It took a long time to put that history of Tacos together and I don't think it can be replicated. It would be a real loss for all of us to never see that kind of history of a great 1960's SoCal brand of mini bikes ever again.

Thanks,
Taco Don

Any Info Contact: tacominibikestuff@sbcglobal.net