Storm cleanup, Yerf dog style

joekd

Thanks, was rough without heat or lights but I broke out the camping lantern and propane stove so we could have something. Also I had hot water (gas heater) so at least we could take hot showers and wash dishes.

After a week of nothing the utility guys were absolute heroes when they got us going again

TomH

I feel your pain. Had one down here couple of years ago, I live in the woods. listened all night to branches crashing down, had one go thru the roof and the trunk was blocking the hallway. No power. Sucks. Glad no one is hurt.

buckeye

I also can relate. But with heat after hurricanes. Have hurricane ready, generator, water, window a/c unit. Don't need hot water. I think I'll take it this way. Don't like the cold no more.

Time for my storm story: Here in the North West people judge all storms in comparison to the Columbus Day Storm of October 12 1962. One of my service customers told my that her family lived out in the country about 10 miles from town and how hard it was to be without power for 3 weeks. And when the family saw the power company on the edge of their property up on the pole the family got so excited with the anticipation of again having power to their home. But the lineman said that he was there to remove their transformer that served only their home and was going to use it in the city where it would handle many homes. It was 2 more weeks before the power company restored power to her family home.

She said she hated the power company from that day onward. Patience is not easy when your home uses so much power and outside services.

Steve :scooter: