Streaker Predator Cat. Need some advice....

Hi all.... I put a new predator 212 engine on a manco streaker frame with a cat fork and tire. I had it all painted nice and ready to go. Put the engine , clutch ,chain throttle etc all together. I also zip tied the governor spring... I then went out for a ride and instant wheelies and way to much tourqe. The only way to get it to go withOut it ripping a wheelie and flying up in the air like a rocket is to go very easy on the throttle. Even riding it if I hit the gas the front wheel comes off the ground. I was pretty disappointed though. Going to cut the zip tie off the govener spring and see how that is.

My question: Is there a way to dial back the power at initial throttle to get the bike to take off without wheeling and wanting to throw me off the back?
Thank you for your time

Attachments

With such a short wheelbase its going to be difficult. You could go up one tooth on the clutch sprocket or down a few on the rear. Another help would be to lose the tall front wheel. a 5 or 6 inch diameter wheel would lower the center of gravity. Not by much but anything might help.

I have the streaker fork but I don’t like it. I think the same problem will happen though. The governor is fully functional now but still the same problem. The wheel either spins or when it grabs it lifts the front tire. I also have a slick in the back but obviously on pavement it will so the same thing slick , treads, or not. I’m Pretty bummed out about it. Just even going up a rock hill incline if you go to give it gas to get up the hill it just wants to go backwards and shoot up. Noone had mentioned it happening to them after the swap.. Definitely would not have done it if I knew this would happen. Womp womp I guess live and learn. At 34 years old I definitely dont want this thing throwing me off it.

Davis

The original fork will help for sure. But I have to say this is a first for anyone other than a kid on a bike wanting less power. Maybe you should find yourself a smaller motor for the bike. Also these only go as hard and fast as the throttle is pulled.

Whats the point of riding it if you hit the gas even easy it goes to lift up and throw you off the back. I’m seeing YouTube videos of it doing it to to other people also. luckily it Was just a $100 engine. Not sure what’s so fun about riding it if it’s just gonna throw you off the back. Maybe I’ll just redo the 3.5 hp or just let the thing sit in the shed for another 15 years. Ah just bummed thats all. Thanks for the responses.

Just got a even better Idea. Forget the streaker frame I’m going to put the Predator 212 On the wildcat frame I have!! More ground clearance! New project!