stripped set screw

I stripped out the set screw hole on my clutch, the one that screws into the key, the other set screw is in nice and tight, is this set screw that important, once I screw in the bolt at the end of the shaft, the clutch won't be able to slide off. Do I need to re-tap the set screw hole or do you think I can run it with one set screw? Thanks!:laugh:

Hent

I stripped out the set screw hole on my clutch, the one that screws into the key, the other set screw is in nice and tight, is this set screw that important, once I screw in the bolt at the end of the shaft, the clutch won't be able to slide off. Do I need to re-tap the set screw hole or do you think I can run it with one set screw? Thanks!:laugh:
most people run just the crank shaft bolt and let the clutch float.

How can it move? Where will it move to? If there is a little space all that's going to happen is the chain and clutch will try and center itself.

The second grub screw is to stop the key steel from wiggling loose and falling out. If you have a fat washer on the shaft side and the key can't fall out you should fine. There is so little thread for the grub screw its easy to strip. Next time use a little loc tite and just hand tighten the grub screw.

Just one thing to bear in mind, even though the key steel can't fall out there will be a small amount of play and everytime you accelerate and decelerate the clutch will batter the steel in the keyway. Could cause a little long term dammage.

Go with what you've got and take the clutch off after a bit of riding just to make sure all is well.:thumbsup: