Super Bronc Headlight

I am having a hard time figuring out what headlamp to use on my Super Bronc VT8-12 Do you guys run a 12 volt or 6 volt headlamp? My Super bronc is currently running a 12 volt H5006 headlamp but it is a low beam only and 12 volt. My tail lamp is an 1157 bulb and works correctly. The lighting coil on my HM80 is 3 amp DC and 5 amp AC. Trying to figure out what watt the original headlamp produced when on low and high beam. If someone could please give me some part numbers I sure would appreciate it.

delray

i believe your headlight would pull about 2 amp's on low and maybe little higher on high and tail light just under 2 amp's. both would run on ac and the dc is for the battery. some one will chim in on the wire diagram. i know your not really asking for that,but it may give out more info on what your really asking.....:thumbsup:
also you can do a search on youtube on how to a load test for amp's on your lights. that just may help too.......:thumbsup:

Hey MMB. Question....do you have a battery on the bike??? If so, your headlight/taillight will be just fine. If you are running those two lights direct off of the lighted coil, you will have some problems. The brightness will be all over the place. If you don't have a battery, you may want to consider a rewire with the coil to the battery and accessories running off of the battery.

Doc

I currently don't have a battery. Working on getting a starter, battery, battery box and cables down the road. The SB is currently wired to run off of the lighting coil. I realize the lights will be dimmer at idle and brighter with rpm but my main question is what wattage did the low/high sealed beam headlamp operate at. Was it a 12.8v 25/25 watts, 30/30 watts, 35/35 watts, 30/35 etc. Did it come from the factory with a 6v headlamp? Just trying to find the exact watt headlamp that came on the bike from the factory. I know Delray uses a 4420 12.8 volts which my lighting coil will run but lookin for the exact factory headlamp specs. Thanks for your guys help.