Super Bronc parts needed

Here is what I found out at the spring shop. If I buy 6 springs they are $40 each. If I buy 6 15 inch coils and you bend the ends, they are $25 each. Figure $10 shipping.

Yes, Mr. Kimball can get them for $14 each if he buys 500.Then he has to add his margin so you are probably at $20. I doubt there are six people that need springs. I had 6 pair of fork boots made. Cost was $35/ pair. I charged $40/pair shipped. Sold 1 pair. Everybody wants correct parts until it comes time to spend the money to get them.

Useng thanks for the info. It's to much for my pockets and really I only need one spring but would rather find a pair. I just can't afford that much. Thank you for your research and info.

Anyone else have any ideas? I have heard that some trail bikes may have used similar springs as the Super Broncs do. Can anyon validate that?

I tried to deal locally a couple years ago with nash on some craigslist parts. Never could,high priced and didn't want to be bothered. I had his phone number, but can't find it right now.

Anyone by chance think these springs would work if I welded a short rod to each end? This spring was submitted by Pilotchris.
Malaguti Fork Tube Spring Baret for $3.99 in Malaguti from 1977 Mopeds

Big Jim

Anyone by chance think these springs would work if I welded a short rod to each end? This spring was submitted by Pilotchris.
Malaguti Fork Tube Spring Baret for $3.99 in Malaguti from 1977 Mopeds

I think if you welded a 2"-3" piece of rod into each end it would work, not sure what will happen to the "spring" if it is heated.
My stock measures 13" from top of eye to top of other eye, and 3/4" in diameter.
Be a cheap solution!

Thanks all for your help. I won the set of front springs with the lower fork assembly along with the rear seat springs for $70 and about $12 shipping. So all in all I think I did ok since I got just about all the parts I needed to put my Super Bronc back together. I also thought about bidding on the SB speedometer but I thought $45 was a bit much.

Big Jim

how about the $71 it brought ? unreal, I could use a S.B. speedo if anyone has one
I think it is alright to make a little money off of parts, but some of it is ridiculous!! It is better to buy form members on the site than add more frenzy to the ebay.

There was a top mount gas tank for one a few months back that went for $165.

I can only imagine what this is worth as parts, on ebay????