Super Bronc Project

So I have the next 2 days off and started assembly on what I can. Haven’t touched the engine yet but figure at least everything else can be pretty much done. Haven’t done much because I need to chase the threads on the wheel Hubs to be able to assemble those and mount on the bike. Doing all while watching my 2 year old so didn’t get much done lol. Had to go with these tires cause was unable to get the full knobbys from duro. They were on back Order for 4 months from. atvtires.com they said duro was waiting on a container. Got fed up and cancelled and ordered these off Amazon. Got them in a few days after ordering.

Attachments

Has anyone ever had this problem before? And what did you end up doing? My jackshaft brackets bearing holes seemed to have wallowed out a little to where my bearings are not press fit anymore and are loose. Already have the piece chromed so I’m hoping to not mess up the finish if I don’t have too.

Attachments

Lizardking

Does the whole bearings spin in the bracket? The chrome should of added a bit of material. Did you try the old bearings to compare fitment with new bearings?

Does the whole bearings spin in the bracket? The chrome should have added a bit of material. Did you try the old bearings to compare fitment with new bearings?
Yeah the whole bearing spins in it. I do not have the old ones but they were the same as the others. I did have a hard time pressing these out. They were really seized in there. Was thinking maybe I can go with a bearing OD a little bigger. Idk yet haven’t really done anything just thinking of options.

Lizardking

I'd try bigger OD and remove a bit of material off the bearing to press fit if needed. You don't want to remove too much material to prevent bearing failure. Take some measurements of both sides to make sure one hole isn't bigger than the other.

Just an option before having to remove material from the chromed brackets.... Maybe someone has a better option and can chime in.

I'd try bigger OD and remove a bit of material off the bearing to press fit if needed. You don't want to remove too much material to prevent bearing failure. Take some measurements of both sides to make sure one hole isn't bigger than the other.

Just an option before having to remove material from the chromed brackets.... Maybe someone has a better option and can chime in.
Yeah. I’m sure I could’ve done something. I contacted Rick Chatten and. Purchased a new one. Will have to send it out for chrome once back. Oh well. Should’ve checked before i sent it out for chrome.

So ran into another problem? I bought these duro tires that are part mud part knob and the are running. In the back on the fender. Anyone ever had this issue? I thought because they are the same tire size as the originals I would not have any issues. Anyone ever had issues with these?

Attachments

Triley41395

I do know from reading some posts on here about tires that even though they say that they are the same size, they are not. How much clearance do you need? Possibly adding a washer or two between the fenders and bracket might get you the clearance you need. Screenshot_20230827_073728_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully someone has a good solution but if it's not the tire pressure the only good solution I see is different tires.
Typically, these tires are to be inflated to only about 5 PSI. (That is what the rear tire on my Super Bronc state) If they have been overinflated , which would increase the diameter, that might just be the cause of the rubbing on the fender.
Michael

Typically, these tires are to be inflated to only about 5 PSI. (That is what the rear tire on my Super Bronc state) If they have been overinflated , which would increase the diameter, that might just be the cause of the rubbing on the fender.
Michael
Still haven’t checked the psi I know for sure it is much more than 5 psi. I think maybe my fender might be a bit twisted too. Going to check in a bit. I did get a little done today. Not much but something.

Got the new bearings installed in the wheels, new bushings in the neck. Also got the new transmission bracket from Rick and installed the bearings in that. Also installed the tail light. Messed up and had tires put on with the wrong rotation so will have to take those back to get changed to the correct rotation.

Attachments

Supposed to pick up the front fork tubes and the front fork bolt and some small stuff from my chromer tomorrow. Was going to send the new tranny bracket out but have already spent way more than I want to on this and still haven’t touched the engine. I’m really trying to get this done so I can focus on a Cadillac coupe deville I am building that is currently in the paint stage.

So today I finally got the last of my parts back from my chromer. Was a lot unnecessary? Yes but who don’t like shiny stuff haha. Hopefully soon I can finally have it rolling to work on the engine. Dropped off my Cadillacs grill for a triple chrome with gold teeth treatment. I know it’s not mini bike related but I’m super stoked about it haha

Attachments

Triley41395

So today I finally got the last of my parts back from my chromer. Was a lot unnecessary? Yes but who don’t like shiny stuff haha. Hopefully soon I can finally have it rolling to work on the engine. Dropped off my Cadillacs grill for a triple chrome with gold teeth treatment. I know it’s not mini bike related but I’m super stoked about it haha
Minibike related or not I'd like to see the grill when it's done. All that bling, that mini will be a show winner.