Super Bronc Tranny

MNGB

Hi which Super Bronc do you have there are VT7's VT8's and VT 10"s with at least 3 different transmission types. Just what do you need parts or a complete unit?
GB in MN :scooter:

:thumbsup:
Nice pics!!:thumbsup:
Yeah I stole em ... I am trying to find a way to convert a couple of mini baja backing plates I took off to have integrated brakes like the Super Bronc. Weird size bearings though I think. I am keeping the one I got from you as a backup for mine. Ron Kimball doesnt sell them and they are only going to get harder to find... But for the smaller cheaper mini's that I can put on the baja ones if I can get them to work will be fun with torque converters..

I put the pics up because I think there are 2 different types. Peekster has a different set up on his. I believe the one pictured is a "later" type but I thought the red Super Broncs were earlier than the Black ones? Anyone?

Big Jim

I think they also used the U shaped types like on the Trail Bronc.
I think it would be possible to modify the aluminum back plate on a TAV to hold a brake band, just extend the shaft ou the back side....

I think they also used the U shaped types like on the Trail Bronc.
I think it would be possible to modify the aluminum back plate on a TAV to hold a brake band, just extend the shaft ou the back side....
That is what I was thinking. Just need to support the band..

It is welded to the tranny frame. Ron said he tried to make them years ago but was unsuccessful. You should definitely buy one of the Bronc Schematic Diagrams he sells. Tells you how everything goes together. I really like the Healds. I am buying the oddball stuff up myself because it is hard to find the parts.Like the tranny. Even though I don't currently have a project for them I do have plans if that makes sense.