Superbronc wont go past half throttle

Hey guys I have a 10hp Superbronc me and my dad have been working on. We got it running and it runs great it only has like 20 original hours on it. The problem i am having is that it wont go past half throttle. If it is sitting there not running it will go full throttle. if it is running it will only go to half throttle, so i am pretty sure the governor is making it stop, i tried adjusting it many different ways with the same result, does anybody know of anything else to try or any tricks, if so let me know. Also what are the stock screw settings for the main jet and the side air screw?

Thank you!

Hey guys I have a 10hp Superbronc me and my dad have been working on. We got it running and it runs great it only has like 20 original hours on it. The problem i am having is that it wont go past half throttle. If it is sitting there not running it will go full throttle. if it is running it will only go to half throttle, so i am pretty sure the governor is making it stop, i tried adjusting it many different ways with the same result, does anybody know of anything else to try or any tricks, if so let me know. Also what are the stock screw settings for the main jet and the side air screw?

Thank you!
whats happening is the external governor spring is a soft spring so it shows full throttle when its not running but when it is running it pulls back to half throttle from the engines intake suction which is what that springs purpose is. my minibike does the same i hooked some small string like a shoe lace directly to the throttle butterfly and use that when i want to really get on it, or you can buy a whole new throttle linkage but that setup can be good when someone wants to ride or race so u can act like its slow at half throttle then really open it up with the string. an idk about the carb setting what kind of engine: model and year??

MNGB

Hi dan, the beginning setting for the main jet is 1.5 turns out and the idle jet is 1.25 turns out, what happens when you get to half throttle? Does it just stop reving up or does the engine die? I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with the gov. If it hasn't been run for a while I would clean the carb and replace the points and condenser.
GB in MN