Tachometer

Bruceo

Who makes a good tach that will work on my 390 Honda? I'd rather a round old school one over the digital one but if thats what works best,then digital it is.Thanks.

Bruceo

A day and a half and its mine..lol
What the hell are they talking about,,a hour meter? Thought it was revolutions per minute?

does both. If you want to keep track of hours run, as in oil change interval, etc. I paid no attention to the hour meter, just left it on tach. Cheap and it worked.

Can you get a tach app for your phone? My kid's phone has a accelerometer and a speedo app that creates a neat head-up image on his car's windshield. I suppose he uses it to call people, too. :laugh:

Can you get a tach app for your phone? My kid's phone has a accelerometer and a speedo app that creates a neat head-up image on his car's windshield. I suppose he uses it to call people, too. :laugh:
Thats very funny Tom:
I guess someday there might be, there is an app for everything else.

As for me:
I use cheapo trolling tachs much like the one Stangrcr1 uses.
He has a better one than I do however with more functions.

Buy that one, best deal I have seen yet.

In following this thread, I note some require 12VDC to operate. Do any of them operate by just the induction pulse off the coil independant of a power supply?

hi guys, I'm looking for an Analog Tacho for my GX160, any suggestion? also to where should I connect the signal wire
PS. got a rechargeable 12v battery already so it wont be a problem
Thanks