Tag Heuer watches

jeep4me

I picked up a couple Tag Heuer watches yesterday at a garage sale.
Got them pretty cheap, I thank they're fakes. But I'm taking them to a jeweler tomorrow to find out for sure.

Everything I've found out on the internet, leads me to believe they are real.
But my gut is telling me fake!!

These watches, if they were real, sold new for $2400.

The Vintage watch market is definitely there and Tag Heuer along with Rolex are coveted names.

Fakes on the Dark Web are $200 + ....

Being from a garage sale I would think lend to the possibility that they are real ... good luck Steve!

We used to get fake Rolex's from the ROK for $5. Visually, it was impossible to tell the difference until the second-hand swept around "ticking" ala Seiko, not smooth like Rolex.

It'd be cool if this is original. Good luck.

We used to get fake Rolex's from the ROK for $5. Visually, it was impossible to tell the difference until the second-hand swept around "ticking" ala Seiko, not smooth like Rolex.

They have gotten better with the ticking motion so it looks more like a smooth sweep until you look very close. Even the hologram is replicated pretty well nowadays.
But if you really want to spot a fake, just drop it in water. If it bubbles its fake, if the glass fogs, its fake. Most fakes cant pass that test, Rolexes anyways.

Rolex's keep time like Harley's go fast. :smile:

Rolex's keep time like Harley's go fast. :smile:
Never had a real Rolex. I haven't worn a watch in six years. I did have a fast Harley, built it in the US, then moved to Japan with it, and beat the living crap out of the ricers stop light to stop light. Lucky for me, we couldn't open them up due to congestion. Those big Japanese bikes topped out about 60 MPH faster than me! I'd kill them with the torque and traction though.

jeep4me

I took my watches to two jewellers today. Neither had the tool to take the back off.

Both said the watches look to be authentic, but neither could verify it. I was told that they send Tag Heuer watches directly to Tag Heuer for any type of

jeep4me

I took my watches to two jewellers today. Neither had the tool to take the back off.

Both said the watches look to be authentic, but neither could verify it. I was told that they send Tag Heuer watches directly to Tag Heuer for any type of service, including changing the battery.

I asked a time frame and cost, both said between 6-10 weeks and a minimum charge of $160 for just the battery change, but could be as much as $500+ depending on any adjustments that may be needed.

However, if they were fakes, there is no charge.
I guess I'll try to get a few more places to check them out to see if they are in deed real.