Talkin' to the Police.....

jeep4me

A couple of weeks ago I fixed A guys snowblower (my side job outside of work). And he referred two other guys to me. Turns out they are all City police officers. And since then one has called me a couple of times asking about the mini's I have in the garage. Not as an officer, but as a potential hobbiest. He's said that he's always had an interest them. I think I'm going to sell him an extra frame I have and give him a taste of this "addiction".

I asked him what would happen to me or someone riding them on the streets in the city. He told me that they have bigger problems to deal with and as long as my neighbors don't call and complain too much the local officers would most likely look the other way. This is way too cool. I found it almost too hard to believe, but as I remember back, there have been a few times when I've ridden past parked officers and they just look at me and wave.

Detectives #1 and D,2s are cool. Police like hooker's and betting on fights, and if they can let a by gone be gone they will. If they are training another officer the story could change. Feds. are worse to deal with. Dept. of Corporations officer's are ruthless. Alcohol firearms and tobacco are as ruthless as they come. California Highway Patrol are sick mf's
They love to intimidate good looking females into dating them, to get out of a two-hundred ticket.

In 1982 I got pulled over by a female hispanic California Highway Patrol. She had a moustach. Then she informed me while writing my ticket for tinted windows on the 110 freeway in Pasadena, I was one day older then herself...lol

Don't test the waters as green sticker's court dates and inpounds are major hassles. Ride during shift changes and make it quick. Blast up. Blast back and hit the garage door opener and park it. With every situation being different. You just cannot predict if the fellow got laid, devorced, demoted or otherwise!

If it's rural the chances are better than city. Screw the neighbors, you are no more worse off then the gardner that starts mowing at 7:00AM to finish before 4:15PM for a Corona or six.

Claim insanity, revoke your citizenship, then you one of fifteen million whom are exempt of American laws. No speaky da eglish....Joke son! lol:innocent:

TT

Last edited:
i've had cops say it's ok to ride dirt bikes by my friend's house as long as we stay off the main road. there's a huge parking lot and some fields to haul ass around in. after he said it was ok, we had another cop tells us that we could only ride on the "private road" part (meaning about 300' of gravel going up to my friend's). i don't trust what the cops say. one will bust you when another doesn't care.

Last time we got pulled over, the officer just said to wear a helmet. We were just going through subdivisions, but I think he seen us cross a main road. But, I highly doubt all of them would be so forgiving.

We're in the old part of the city, here in Akron, O,,, It's called Firestone Park, this area was built up, as the Rubber Plant got bigger, and the employees needed a place to live, there are alot of, what used to be nicer homes, they're still nice, but some are falling apart. I bought a go-cart this past summer, little 2 seater, with a spunky little Tec 5 on it, all 3 of my boys would get excited when I'd get the cart out for a run, there's a bar up the street, that's closed for good, got a big parking lot, and it takes all of 3 minutes to get to it, we'd ride to it and from it on the road, sidewalk was to bumpy and unsafe, got caught on the road 3 times last summer, by the APD, all 3 times I had a son on board, You could almost read their minds as they looked, like;, That's a dad, with a kid, just having some good clean fun, we'll leave him alone!!! Most just smile like have a great day, cause they know we weren't out makin trouble. Shoot Mom's the one we ended up not getting along with, she made me sell it!!!
dave

im sure they would only ticket you if you were really hauling buns or giving the cop a hard time. i live on a back road and got pulled over the one time i encountered a cop. it was on a super bronk and i was going full speed. i told him i lived in the house i got stoped infront of and pulled down the long driveway and waited till he left. That was a long time ago. I dont ride much on the road anymore. I might though when i get my cat up and running.

I know a lot of cops because they train where I work. I surveyed the ones that patrol in my area and most said they have better things to do as long as there wasn't a complaint. Some showed interest because I mentioned "old school mini's" in the questioning (not pocket or dirt bikes)

The funny thing is, one of the cops I know the best is a hard ass motorcycle cop who LOVES his job. He told me "I just hope I don't have to make that call,,, I really hope!".

My son came in the house one day and said there's a cop down our street busting everyone coming down the hill and he's really good at what he does and seems to enjoy his job and is very efficient and has three at a time sometimes, and its fun to listen in and he made one guy push his motorcycle home.. I asked if he was on a Bike,,,"yep",,, is he a big tall Irish looking dude,, "Yep" ,, I say's,, that's Doug so mark the days and times he comes by. :doah:

Next time I saw Doug,I told him my son loves watching you work and that your really good and he saw you writing someone up in one hand and radaring another in the other hand! He said "oh I don't do that,,, well sometimes". I told him we are marking his dates and times so we could ride mini's in piece. He laughed and then :thefinger: