Tank Repair

j57little

I have a Roper tank with no dents. It looks good, but the cap has been off for many years and the cap flange is rusted. Inside is probably rusty too. Any thoughts on a repair process are appreciated.

I have another tank for a Roadster 2 that has some fork creases, but is other wise in pretty good shape. Since I don't have the tools or experience with body work, I was wondering if someone had a lead on a tank pro. I can do a lot myself, but this one needs professional help.

And finally, I have a tank with some small dents. Problem is, the metal needs to be straight so I can get it re-chromed. Again, anyone with expert advice...so appreciate the help!

I have a Roper tank with no dents. It looks good, but the cap has been off for many years and the cap flange is rusted. Inside is probably rusty too. Any thoughts on a repair process are appreciated.

I have another tank for a Roadster 2 that has some fork creases, but is other wise in pretty good shape. Since I don't have the tools or experience with body work, I was wondering if someone had a lead on a tank pro. I can do a lot myself, but this one needs professional help.

And finally, I have a tank with some small dents. Problem is, the metal needs to be straight so I can get it re-chromed. Again, anyone with expert advice...so appreciate the help!
I think your best bet is to call a paintless dent repair guy in your area. That's what I did with a speedway scorpion tank before I had it powder coated. Usually the tank metal is thin enough they can wiggle the dents out pretty easy. This tank had three good sized dents on this side. I think it turned out great.