TANKSAREUS - 2014 scratch - The BEAST

Well Sorry about the delay - been on the edge of my seat waiting for the start date, but have been on duty at Sea Rescue this week and its been hectic Incidents for 1st and 2nd January | nsri.org.za

So hear we go - I have had my eye on a tyre at my local scrap yard only thing is there is only one and its huge. Was thinking Rear drive trike or normal trike - then it hit me the idea for The BEAST.

Picked up a 9hp engine for $80 from an old pressure washer. Only thing I need to work around is the 1inch shaft. The rest of the build should just be stuff lying around the shop.

So hears my entry pic

Pic of the shop

Then the concept ( really kak ) scetch of The Beast - A front wheel drive rear steering dragster

This will be a slow build work has been hectic.
Good luck to all
May the fun begin

Forgot how easy it is to translate a foreign language:laugh::laugh: was meant more for my scetching.
Hope this idea is not to radical and actually works.

Oh well in for a quarter in for a dollar:wink:

Last edited:
Ok brother Dan- If you're building this for me, it's going to need a much larger engine. Perhaps you didn't take a closer look at my requested design I sent you. (and you will need to start looking for a massive drive chain now). Pic below-

Last edited:
Good grief FM that engine is Huge. If my design is a flop I'll build your bike for you :thumbsup:

My brother is due back from Seattle on the 10th he's bringing a pocket full of quarters for the closeups:wink: feel like a ringer:laugh:

WrenchDad

I dont care what you build as long as you put pretty girls in the picture like your last build:laugh: just kidding, looks like a cool idea, cant wait to see some progress.

Will have to talk to Jean on my crew. He's a real pimp sure he can find some girls for the closing pic:laugh::laugh:

Did not do a lot today on the build - was finishing up my plate roller and pipe roller.

Going to have to switch to a live axil as I want drive sprockets on both sides. Might also have to change the frame between the wheel base as the motor width is wider than the main wheel.

Still coming along ok

very bold idea! Since youre using two sprockets to drive it maybe you can do one gearset a high gear with a clutch. and sprag on the first gear to make it a 2 speed :shrug: should work the same as a normal setup i think

Thanks for the encouragement K , Owend and Buck.

Jeep will have to keep it single speed, limited resources on my side and don't really want to put on a second clutch - like the way you think though:thumbsup:

FM you flatter me so sir, no where near as good as Rafik, but he does build some awesome bikes. One Day when I hit the lotto and can stay at home will be able to practice more.

Will crack on with the live axil this weekend:thumbsup: