Tapered shaft Fix

I know some have seen this , but it may help others if you know a good machinist . I got this Honda 160 with a DB-30 purchase , well it didn't have a clutch on it ? Yep pressure washer engine , tapered shaft and no key-way . My Buddy chucked the whole engine in lathe ( removed spark plug ) and turned down the shaft easily and also cut the key-way too , best part no engine tear down and he did it for free , I guess he thought it was a challenge !

I have a two stroke clinton that i'd like to do that to. I know i'd actually have to have it running while it was in the lathe though.

No man he pulled the plug to eliminate any pressure and turned it like nothing , I'm sorry I didn't take a video but I'm telling any good machinist can easily do this !

any good machinist with a big enough lathe :D

ive turned a crank with a running engine and a grinder. got a video of me doing it somewhere.... lol :grind: :eek:ut::thumbsup:

i got a new 13 hp off a kid in a trade, was taper shaft off generator. found the correct shaft on BMI karts on sale. sometimes you can find them cheap but if you cant then do this!!!