Tav2 issues

I swapped my modded Baja to a guy today and he seems to be having issues with it. When he drives it, the pin is coming out the back of the driven pulley. He said its sliding out. Is there a fix to this or something he needs to do to secure it? I appreciate the help. Would really like to see him enjoy the bike as i did not have the time to.

The key goes in the top of the rod. I am referring to the rod itself. He said the rod is falling out the back. I believe the key itself is still intact from what he said.9

I think you mean that shaft part number 22 is loose because way at the end part number 27 a clip has fallen off.
It would make life a lot simpler if you found the pictures, you posted them and you asked clear questions.

We're just guess in the dark with names like " pin "

If it is that 69 cent clip....
Tell you chum he's a moron for not being able to figure it out for himself.
You can;t be held accountable for things that brake on a used minibike

Last edited:
I believe you are on the right track newoldstock. Ki.d of hard to describe it when the bike is 2 hours away and i cant see what all he has. He said the shaft came out and he found it on the road. I am not sure what all he has missing. i am waiting on pics.

Do you see anything missing or out of the ordinary?
Yes:
Refer back to the picture I posted and tell me what is missing.

I AM NOT going to make this easy for you.
you need to examine and understand what has failed and what is missing for yourself.
This is a life lesson now about how to solve your own problem.

And your chum is an idiot.
Clue, there has been a part failure.
This part made noises and did nasty stuff before it failed.
I gave clear warning to stop and fix and he ignored it...
Since it failed so soon after sale YOU had clear warning as well something was going wrong.
You also were not paying attention.

Yes:
Refer back to the picture I posted and tell me what is missing.

I AM NOT going to make this easy for you.
you need to examine and understand what has failed and what is missing for yourself.
This is a life lesson now about how to solve your own problem.

And your chum is an idiot.
Clue, there has been a part failure.
This part made noises and did nasty stuff before it failed.
I gave clear warning to stop and fix and he ignored it...
Since it failed so soon after sale YOU had clear warning as well something was going wrong.
You also were not paying attention.
Wow. You are so helpful! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Wow. You are so helpful! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

The rear outboard jack shaft bearing has completely failed and separated.
It must have made an AWFUL racket.

Did you really need me or anyone else to help you with this?
Honestly now was it not obvious the moment you saw the picture?

And as I said you chum is an absolute idiot for trying to drive around with with kind of failure happening

Last edited:
Upon looking back at the pics, i figured it was the bearing. I asked him to make sure and he said it looks like it had seperated. Nice of you to be so content on this board. Thanks for the response though. Sorry some of us are not up to your standards on mini bike knowledge. What is this tension all aboot?

Just get some new bearings. If the shaft and snap ring is damaged replace that also. Is that a comet on a no name china?
Looks Chinese:
Bearing failure is not a major surprise.

for the originator of this post.
" Sorry some of us are not up to your standards on mini bike knowledge "

I am left with the impression you didn't put much effort into solving this for yourself.

I fix scooters and bikes around here for the kids.

I get Its Broke Mr NOS can you fix it.
Little thought or trouble shooting went into it for them.
They just assume to dump the problem.

Well I donèt fix it for them much these days.
I help them, I open my workshop door and we bring it in and out comes the tools.
But I make them work for it.

I tried to make you work for it too.

So what if the OldMiniBikes was not here
What would you have done

We live in an age where most of the answers are easy enough to find with a search engine and research.

But you hit the easy button and asked us to solve a simple mechanical problem.

Do you think I am being difficult and harsh.
Because I wanted to push you to say I think I see the trouble rather than ask someone to make a decision or plan for you.
The world is plenty full allready of people that can't make a decision or trust their own ability.

Thanks george3. That was the plan. trying to get him to get a part number off that other bearing to help him out a little bit. It is a knockoff version. Any discrepancy in parts matching from the Tav2 Comet?

Nos. I answer the same questions from people on buggymasters and sometimes buggynews that i see over and over. I just wasnt sure he had alll the pieces compared to what he was showing me. Its a whole lot easier if it were sitting infront of me. I have no problem looking for it. Once i had all the info from him i was pretty well aware of the fix.

Thanks george3. That was the plan. trying to get him to get a part number off that other bearing to help him out a little bit. It is a knockoff version. Any discrepancy in parts matching from the Tav2 Comet?
There is likely an industrial parts supplier in your area that sells quality bearings.

H20566 was likely written on the dust seal.
a common c3 clearance 2RS 5/8" ID x 1-3/8 should fit.