TAV30 questions...

I mounted a used TAV30 to my Baja warrior and its topping out at 37mph(GPS). It seems everyone else is getting around 44 to 50 mph with these things, is there something wrong with my setup? The TAV and belt are used but everything appears to be in good condition. I've removed the governor and added a billet rod, 18# springs and advanced the timing 6 degrees. So what am I missing? Is my engine just not getting a high enough RPM or is the belt worn and slipping or is it something else?

i have the same problem with my baja warrior except im running a 5hp briggs raptor cart alcohol engine that is pushing 15hp mine is topping out at the same speed i have adjusted the driven springs to all 3 holes i am going to put a racing clutch on it that is my advise i realize im push mine over the limit which is only rated at 8hp i am running a tach and it wouldnt let me get over 4000rpm and my engine is built to run 8500 i am going to switch to a jammer clutch probablt the m22 rockcrusher which is designed to couterbalance stroker motors hopefully to give me a better idle my advice for your application would be to use the stock jackshaft setup and change your rear sprocket i seen a guy one on parts on this forum i have never used the jackshaft setup myself but have one and it looks like a really good setup if your looking for speed go with a clutch that comes in at a higher rpm a tav setup is good for all around drivability

downhill maby ? also depends on how much weight is on it and your tires. if there is too much of a load the tc wont wind all the way up ect..