tec carbs

buckeye

Quick question. Will a 3.25 adjustable carb fit a 3.5 engine? I have a good lead on a old edger with advertised 3.25. It has a adjustable carb on it. Are they interchangeable? Thanks.

buckeye

Thats what I thought. Advertised as 3.1/4 hp. I bet itsa 3.5 It is on a old edger. Pic shows adjustable carb. 20 bucks. Has a big old style tank on it also. So either way I dont think I can go wrong. SUre wish I wasnt such a computer dork. I would post a pic. Its on local clist from Thursday under farm and garden. Mobil,Al. Anyway I think it really is a 3.5

buckeye

Well thar thing says 3 1/4 on the shroud. Of course the carb doesnt fit, but I got the other going pretty good. Cleaned it again. It had a tiny tiny piece of something in the main jet. Rode it around pretty good. Still wants to cut out at high rpms. Will be getting an adjustable when cash is avsiliable. This little engine i bought though has me wondering. It is old old. The man i got it from has has it since early 70s. He said it was old then. I have to take the tank off to see thenumbers. More later.

zeeman

That's a nice find Buckeye. Good thing it came up for sale before all the hoards of minibikers come down that way for the ride. It would have gotten snapped up quick. Any luck with the get together? Somebody wrote me, and I referred him to your post about the race track.

buckeye

Yes I own that 20 dollar motor. It has a adjustable carb a square gas tank mounted to it. I have issues with loading pics. I cant,figure it out. The man said it came from a ild snowblower he bought in syracuse ny. He had it on an edger. I will get a pic and try to figure out how to post. Not seized. Turns easy. I took the car off and cleaned it. Put it back on tomorrow and shoot some pics and post,them Monday from a real computer instead of cell phone. I thought it was old when i saw the clist ad.

delray

thats a clinton engine......:doah:
i like the old clinton engines,but i think i would stay away from it. if your going to use it has a minbike engine. unless you know your engines good. sometimes if you don't? it can be little harder to deal with when it comes to parts...etc...........:scooter:

delray

well if this is the same engine? couple things you can see very easy. the ID tag mounted on the side of the cyclinder,gas tank,carb setup,recoil...etc..

clinton gas tank

buckeye

Ya,thats it. So clinton is part of tecumseh? The tag clearly says tecumseh. No idea myself. I just got it so I could use the carb. The intake didnt fit but I took it off and the carb bolted right up to the tec 3.5 on my manco tbird. It wouldnt work though due to the throttle butterfly hit the muffler. I will get more info and numbers tomorrow. Thanks for your input.

delray

still cool little engine to have:thumbsup: some of the older(60's) minbikes had clintons...:scooter:
your answer is no. clinton was made in iowa and tecumseh was made in wisconsin.:thumbsup:

buckeye

Delray you sre right. It is a Clinton model # 404-2100-043 seriel #9508247 I need stronger glasses. What can you tell me about this thing. Someone besides me could use it.

buckeye

I know huh! Fell like such a dumb ass. I was trying to do it mydelf and look where it has gotten me. Ordering one. You were right of course. Thanks for reminding me. Lol.