TECUMSEH 2 x Small Metal Gas Tanks "1/2 Tank" ~ Each with Mounting Bracket & Cap

Here we have two early Tecumseh gas tanks I took off of early Lauson / Tecumseh engines, a grey 1/2 tank with vertical seam and a (repainted) blue one with horizontal seam.

The grey tank is 7" long x 4" tall x 2 1/2" wide. I believe the grey is the NOS replacement parts color (if Tecumseh did the same as Briggs). NO dents and NO rust, inside or out and NO deformation on the cap bung threads. There is a bit of chalky residue on the sides and leftover coating from lacquered up old gas on the bottom that could be cleaned up no problem, as I just gave it a cursory cleaning. Again there is NO RUST what so ever inside or out of the tank. (in the pictures what kinda looks like rust on the outside is just the paint coming off, it was hard to photograph right)

Comes with mounting bracket and nice, correct gas cap. Also still has the filter "sock" attached inside to the outlet on bottom. A really nice, solid, and heavy for its size super rare gas tank.

$85 (OBO) shipped with fast Priority Mail shipping, PayPal preferred but I will also take money orders. :thumbsup:

The blue tank is 7" long x 3" tall x 3 1/4" wide. Real nice shape with NO rust inside or out and NO deformation on the cap bung threads. Super clean on the inside with only a few speckled areas on the bottom (not rust) and shiny everywhere else inside.

There are very shallow wavy "warping" like very shallow "dents" around the body that I think is just from manufacture and not really dents. There are three small and shallow dings that are barely noticeable and could almost be sanded out. All could be easily filled with a very thin layer of bondo or whatever These "flaws" are all barely noticeable and easily remedied. This is a nice, rust free, with thick walls and heavy for its size, gas tank. (again, in the pictures what kinda looks like rust on the tank isn't-it was just hard to photograph right)

Comes with mounting bracket which does have a few small spots of rust but easily wire brushed off. I don't have the original cap but I can include a neat blue-white tint Tecumseh plastic cap that isn't original but does fit and seal tight.

$65 (OBO) shipped with fast Priority Mail shipping, PayPal preferred but I will also take money orders. :thumbsup:

Last edited: