Tecumseh 632402 Carb Idle Set Screw and Spring

My carb didn't come with the idle set screw and spring. It's #17 and 18 of the diagram. So far I have not been able to find any for sale. Anyone know where to get them, what the part numbers may be or what the screw size is?

1711144496797.png

That is probably a readily available screw from any hardware store Anywhere..... I'm betting it is probably a #10-32 or 10-24, maybe even an 8-32. A good hardware store will have a small spring that will fit your needs also.
Start ThiMking OUTSIDE the box. it is Just a Screw & just a spring.... they are Common in both systems, If your carburator is OEM then the Imperial measurements will apply, if it is a knock off made in china it may be the metric equivalent....I have lost lots of screws & just put in what I know will work. worst case scenario you may need to tap new threads to the next size up if it was poorly made to start with as most of the Garbage that china pedddles over here is, extremely poor quality. You don't need a machinist to tap the new threads youtube probably has 1000s of videos on the subject of tapping to the next size up. I seriously doubt you need to tap new threads.... just take the carb with you to the hardware store & try a couple screws for the right fit then find a spring for it & Problem solved, Problem Staying Solved.....

That is probably a readily available screw from any hardware store Anywhere..... I'm betting it is probably a #10-32 or 10-24, maybe even an 8-32. A good hardware store will have a small spring that will fit your needs also.
Start ThiMking OUTSIDE the box. it is Just a Screw & just a spring.... they are Common in both systems, If your carburator is OEM then the Imperial measurements will apply, if it is a knock off made in china it may be the metric equivalent....I have lost lots of screws & just put in what I know will work. worst case scenario you may need to tap new threads to the next size up if it was poorly made to start with as most of the Garbage that china pedddles over here is, extremely poor quality. You don't need a machinist to tap the new threads youtube probably has 1000s of videos on the subject of tapping to the next size up. I seriously doubt you need to tap new threads.... just take the carb with you to the hardware store & try a couple screws for the right fit then find a spring for it & Problem solved, Problem Staying Solved.....
Thanks a #8-32 fits, it's get a little play in it. I have the original carb. I might have found the right screw and spring. No time to try it out yet.

Nick Felt: Thanks a #8-32 fits, it's get a little play in it. I have the original carb. I might have found the right screw and spring. No time to try it out yet.

Question: Is the carburator you have a cheap 1 from scamazon (made in china) or an OEM 1 Made in the USA?. If there is play with the 8-32, then it might be metric & probably M4-7 which is a few thousanths larger & may explain the bit of play you're experiencing

Put a dab, ( & I mean a dab, just a little bit like the size of the screw diameter) just a dab of Pipe dope on the threads It will give a bit more friction for holding it's position along with the spring.