Tecumseh Engine ID Challenge

I have just cleaned up an old Tecumseh / Craftsman. Model Number is as follows.....143-556012

No matter where I look, I cannot find the cross reference number for it. I think it is a 6hp. Someone please help.

vbb71zoso@gmail.com:confused::confused::confused:

Vinny, If your trying at sears dot com, or the like, guess since K-mart took over, sears don't believe in customer service, I've been looking for a blade drive belt for over a month, now I'm waiting for a E-mail for confirmation, :thumbdown:
Maybe try a tec website
dave

Hi,
Is it possible that the tag reads 143.656012? That would be a Tecumseh H60-75384J . I have in the past misread a number 6 as a number 5, especially when the tag has been painted over, etc. The Techumseh "L Head" technicians book that I have doesn't have a number in the range you listed. Look carefully to see if it is a misidentification. Good Luck!

Could it be 143.656032 insted of 12? Thats an h60 but your number isn't in my book but lots aren't in there either! :eek:ut:

I too am have a ID problem, #143-687022 . Sears only could say that it was manufactured in 1987 . I need to start buying carb rebuild kit and other items.
The fly wheel is very heavy. My ex.port is .875" I heard .750 was a 4Hp and a 1.00" was a 5Hp.

Hi hunter, I found cpdonline.com not working in the customer support reply return. e-mailed Sears is a waste.. Thanks, what about piston die. or stroke?I know nothing about Tec, but I need to put some thing on this Rupp.

Regards,
Dean

I know this is old but I just was able to ID this engine! I've been looking since aug. of last year for you but I finally found it!
Sears 143.687022 is a Tec HS50 67169B

HINT: when trying to ID a sears engine leave out the spaces and add a period:sorcerer: