Tecumseh Header plate ?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hello OldMiniBikes, I don't know about You but, I have had a hard time finding A Exhaust Header blank.

So I finally find a blank from a friend. Correct blank to build a Header for a 4hp Tecumseh.

What a thin 16 gauge POS is what is but, it is a perfect template. So I checked today with an outfit

that can laser cut and Re-make these plates in 3/16" steel ( A real header ). I'm looking at a Min run of 50 plates.

I need some but not all. So who is in for some ?

5.00 a plate shipped, We can work out shipping if you want more header plates.

If you want more, PM and we can work out cost's of plates and shipping.

Let me know what you think?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Kool, 53 views and no one needs a header plate or makes exhaust.

That's great, then Please tell me where to buy them?

Cory, views are sometimes a way to move a thread from "new" thread to "read" thread. So the number of "views" cited means nothing.

As far as the Tecumseh exhaust plates, I have an HS40 plate and pipe MFGR'd I believe by Taylor as part of a larger kit.

I believe the need for that piece would be limited to HS engines, and only on bikes which used a modified, or longish exhaust like the Rupps and Muskin Endura lines. With a run of fifty, it might be beneficial to work with OldMiniBikes Warehouse and vend them. Might get your investment back, and after awhile, maybe you'd sell them. This is one of those pieces that you either need real bad, or never will.

Best of luck.

markus

If you want a true match port, the Tecumseh part number #730163 is the HS40 repair flange, I sent one of those to my buddy to copy and burn of a stack of them for me.

They on their own are like 1/4" thick since they are threaded. I used a couple to make some exhausts before I had the ones cut in 1/8" by just reaming out the threads.

yellow paint is the Tecumseh part (actually a #730162, its exactly the same as the HS40 just the pipe threads are reversed since it its for the H25-35)

Just remember that the HS40 and the HS50 have the same bolt spacing but DO NOT interchange, so you need to either use #730165 as a pattern for that, or design a happy medium between the two, by morphing them together a bit.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Would you have a spare to send ? I want to get these cut.

Also, when I ever get one, I'll be bending that pipe I'm looking at right now. !

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Here's the cheap POS 16 gauge Header flange I got.

You might be able to weld it if you had a TIG and took your time as not to warp it :crying:

markus

whats the ETA of the decal I ordered a couple weeks ago :shrug: I can see what the shipping to Canada is off the return addy when it shows up I guess, Tracked postage international is usually a few bucks more than within the US.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I don't do tracked on a item so small unless you want to pay the extra for tracking.

I'm seeing my printer today and hope its done. I'm not the only person she work's for ya know.:confused:

markus

Do you still have some? I bought a Tec flange before seeing you'd already reverse-engineered a stack.
Yes I have a some, you can PM me if you need one. I make a similar to original H25-35 exhausts with them when I can score the muffler cans at an affordable price. I had them done in 1/8" for my small exhausts so if your building big heavy/long exhaust you definitely would want to run a brace or even just ream out one of the Tecumseh OEM threat saver flanges since they are so thick, The H and HS40 ones can be found pretty inexpensive, The HS50 ones are really pricey though!

The exhausts I make....not much weight or length to them: