Tecumseh HS40 Carburetor

FunWithStuff

Hello! I am currently planning on starting to rebuild an old Tecumseh HS40 carburetor for a mini bike. I need a little help in getting information on how to rebuild it. I have already tried to clean the carburetor and it had no effect on helping the engine run. Gas did not travel trough the carb and some of it even shot out of the carb into the air cleaner. I have already taken it apart and have some rebuild parts on hand and ready to replace. From my limited research on the carburetors I understand they have a low speed tube that is supposed to help your engine idle. I understand that tube is supposed to be located here.
0513201245.jpg
When I removed the low speed screw I tried shaking the carb around and I did not hear the tube move at all. Is there a way I can free it up or tell if it is damaged? If the tube is damaged I will just buy a new replica carb because I've heard the tubes are really hard and costly to replace. The float bowl has lots of gunk in it so I will clean that out. The float was also loaded with gunk but I tested to see if it still floats by placing it in a cup of water, and it did. I've heard most of the times the inlets crack on these carbs and need to be replaced but the one on this carb seems to be holding up strong so I do not plan to replace it. 0513201246.jpg
I would appreciate any advice I can have because I have never rebuilt these carbs before. I mainly want to figure out why the carburetor shot out gas and how I can fix my low speed tube. Thanks!