Tecumseh Metal Fuel Tank - Trail Horse

DaddyJohn

I have what I believe is the stock Tecumseh fuel tank from an early 70’s Trail Horse. It’s steel and in decent shape. Some surface and interior rust, but solid with no holes. Includes cap, fuel valve, and mounting bracket. $40 plus ship from Indianapolis.

Attachments

I have what I believe is the stock Tecumseh fuel tank from an early 70’s Trail Horse. It’s steel and in decent shape. Some surface and interior rust, but solid with no holes. Includes cap, fuel valve, and mounting bracket. $40 plus ship from Indianapolis.
What’s the dimensions and how’s the inside look?

DaddyJohn

As an FYI, that is a briggs & stratton tank not a Tecumseh
Good call; wish I could update the title! Think I was fooled by the mounting bracket (same above the cylinder head style as the Tec motors I’m used to playing with), and just assumed it was pre-plastic.

Will need to dig it out to verify dimensions, though I think it’ll need some attention on the inside. Solid tank though.

DaddyJohn

@BradD Dimensions are 8” long, and 5”x5” width and depth. The inside will need some surface rust removal with Evaporist or the like, but it’s just surface in nature. The tank is solid.