Tecumseh mini bike linkage assembly hookup?

I am hooking up a new linkage kit for my tecumseh h35. I am confused by the spot where the cable tip connects. I have circled the part in the picture, that im referring to. A few bolts and nuts camew with the assembly but not sure what they are for, if i try to use them to lock the cable down, it locks the entire assembly from moving (if that makes any sense) because the bolt/nuts are too big. Also two of the nuts and bolts that came with it actually dont even have the same threads which is confusing. If anyone has any pointers or pictures of the hookup, then please let me know. ANy info helps tec linkage.jpg

The working end of the throttle cable, "what you refer to as cable tip" needs to have a round "wire stop end" on it. https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mini-bike-go-kart/throttles-and-accessories/

Then it fits in the hole where your red circle is. Above that is the cable clamp, which is where you snug down the ferrule on your throttle cable.

The smaller spring going from your throttle assembly to your governor arm- move the end of the spring higher on your governor arm. At somewhere around the third hole up in the second set of holes. That will get you close.

On the governor arm, remove that throttle swivel. Put it in your junk drawer in case you need it for something else. A wire goes from the top of that arm to your carburetor.

You can see that wire in this thread.

After that, you will need to set the governor, but that is a different subject.

The working end of the throttle cable, "what you refer to as cable tip" needs to have a round "wire stop end" on it. https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mini-bike-go-kart/throttles-and-accessories/

Then it fits in the hole where your red circle is. Above that is the cable clamp, which is where you snug down the ferrule on your throttle cable.

The smaller spring going from your throttle assembly to your governor arm- move the end of the spring higher on your governor arm. At somewhere around the third hole up in the second set of holes. That will get you close.

On the governor arm, remove that throttle swivel. Put it in your junk drawer in case you need it for something else. A wire goes from the top of that arm to your carburetor.

You can see that wire in this thread.

After that, you will need to set the governor, but that is a different subject.
Okay thanks. I have a few more questions for whoever can answer them..
So what exactly does that spring that goes from the linkage to the governor do? I noticed that no matter what hole I set the spring into, the governor arm is always pulled fully to the right (towards the carb). Is this correct?

capguncowboy

The spring acts as a linkage and pulls the governor inward when the throttle opens up. Then, when the governor kicks in, it stretches the spring out and lets the engine rev back down. The governor shouldn't be all the way to the right all the time. Either your spring is too tight or the governor arm is out of adjustment.

BTW, the spring should go into the 4th hole from the top of the governor arm

markus

the little stop tab on the throttle assembly that limits the bellcrank (just above where the govenor spring/linkage attaches.....take it out of the equation.

click on this photo and expand it, you will note that the original versions of those did not use the stop tabs so you could get full travel. That is one reason you are unable to to get the arm pulled back to the left. In its current setup on yours the idle would rely on a heavy govenor setting to actually kick back at idle, like on industrial equipment.

I may be late to the party, but I have a Tecumseh 3 1/2 HP engine on my 1967 Rupp Continental Electra. It has two separate mounting spots for throttle cables. Perhaps it depended on just what vehicle the engine was going to be mounted into. I have had the mini-bike new since 1967, so I know that it came from Rupp this way. Not sure if this helps you at all. Good Luck!!

Carburator.JPG