Texas Events?

My two cents is to have a small enough event that at least the mini bike people are considered. A big car event where the cars are the stars doesn't appeal to me. Wading around thousands of people trying to find the occasional mini biker. The California deal is a good model to try to start with IMO. Doesn't have to be huge, fellowship, stuff for sale, something to eat, a place to ride. Start small and build up.
I agree with what you are saying,I was looking at is there would be more to do and also I have a few rat rod buddys that would go too.A few already have mini bikes.
I don't think we could get enough mini bikes to get use of a track by ourselves,to have a closed event I would think you would need event insurance plus maybe track fee's ?? if it was in conjunction with some other event they would have that covered. just thinking out loud here....

I think we are getting somewhere on this.

Sometime ago, I sent emails to several drag strips in the DFW area and 2 responded that minibikes would be OK. I think one may have been the Kennedale track (unfortunately, I didn't keep the responses so would have to send out again). After that I lost interest in the drag racing, don't have enough time to do everything. If some people want to meet at a local DFW drag strip for get together and some drag racing, I think it's doable.

I race a kart at the Denton track, been racing there maybe 20 years, so know something about it. I don't know about the drag strip, that's close by (North Star Drag Strip as I recall) but the kart track would probably not work.

1st would be expensive. The club, North Texas Karters, rents the track maybe 2 times a year to a YSR club for a weekend, years ago was $750, probably more now. I pay $49 to race when I go out there. It's my impression generally the club is all about karts and doesn't care for minibikes. I know without asking, if I showed up with my minibike, I would not be allowed on the track. A great place to race karts, but minibikes, probably not.

Texas Motor Speedway, I would be afraid to ask. I went to an SCCA race there with a friend racing a car one time, plus a few NASCAR races. The kart clubs don't run there, too expensive (I think $20,000 plus for a weekend when they 1st opened, I am sure more now). Anyway, my impression was they are very hard to deal with. They were pretty ugly with the SCCA as I recall. But maybe someone has connections and we can do something in the parking lot. :shrug:

If a someone wants to come out to my place and check it out sometime, let me know with a PM. I have some issues, would need to set some rules and would need some help before sending out an open invitation. It's all dirt, but lots of it. I already have an oval track and road course. I guess I could make a dirt drag strip, seems like I saw a video of minibikes straight line racing on dirt at least once.

That's all for now, over and out. :smile:

I have talked to several Texas Cushman Club officers and there is some interest in inviting mini bikers to meet with us, if we can get all that is needed together. Google Texas Cushman Club pull up the site to see what we do. On Road riding but it would be easy to include some off road riding as well. Working out the drag, circle racing would be a little more complicated but worth looking into. We carry insurance and when and if we were to approach this we would have to work out the event coverage. I am listening to what you all are saying. Keep posting or contact me by email or phone. Richard Kesselus, rkesselus@yahoo.com 512 431 2940. I am the Safety Advisor for our Club as well as the National Cushman Club.:scooter::scooter::scooter:

I have talked to several Texas Cushman Club officers and there is some interest in inviting mini bikers to meet with us, if we can get all that is needed together. Google Texas Cushman Club pull up the site to see what we do. On Road riding but it would be easy to include some off road riding as well. Working out the drag, circle racing would be a little more complicated but worth looking into. We carry insurance and when and if we were to approach this we would have to work out the event coverage. I am listening to what you all are saying. Keep posting or contact me by email or phone. Richard Kesselus, rkesselus@yahoo.com 512 431 2940. I am the Safety Advisor for our Club as well as the National Cushman Club.:scooter::scooter::scooter:
this is a great idea and deal for the club and us. they get more people for their meets and we get to meet. plus a bigger ride group

I'm having an unofficial event august 19, 2012 in north Houston. It will be in the 45N and FM1960 area. Bring good attitudes, your mini, a helmet if you plan to ride and some stuff to trade or sell (if you would like). 6pm

Email me @ iScreamKone@gmail.com

will this be drag racing and if so what length?
Ill measure tomorrow. Its a pretty large parking lot and its always empty. Its on the corner of kuykendahl @ fm1960. People are always meeting with rice burners, 4x4s, and crotchrockets. We can improvise what ever. Just as long as its safe.
Google street view it. Its in the cavenders, nite club (closed on sundays),and closed hobby lobby parking lot.