The Heart of my 67 Taco 22

Zooming993

I'm one big step closer to finishing my Taco 22. I rebuilt this 580, new rings, bearings, seals, gaskets, fresh paint, 5 Port intake, new Reed muffler, velocity stack and the last but not least a Taco clutch cover. Installed a NOS WB fuel tank along with an original WB mounting bracket.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sprocket86

Give it to me!!

Lol, very nice WB you got there. I can't help but wonder if you at all worry about that beauty ingesting dirt/dust without having an air filter mounted??

Zooming993

Give it to me!!

Lol, very nice WB you got there. I can't help but wonder if you at all worry about that beauty ingesting dirt/dust without having an air filter mounted??
Thanks for all the kind comments.

Your worry is a valid one, one that I have taken into consideration. I will be adding an air cleaner I just don't know which one. Other going with an original WB, what other options are available?

markus

Kick-ass :drool: I have a 700 I am trying to button up that could be its brother

may I ask about the tank straps, something you chromed or is it something already available? I really need to get some better than what I have, started to shape some out of aluminum but I dunno how they will hold up. there are lots of options for air cleaners, stacks, and rock guards.....well there there used to be in the 60's at least and different ones pop up on ebay alot. The one thing thats good about the Azusa stack you have is the ribs which if you maybe make something out of screen or nylons, whatever, a safety wire, o-ring or something like that can lock into a rib.

Zooming993

Kick-ass :drool: I have a 700 I am trying to button up that could be its brother

may I ask about the tank straps, something you chromed or is it something already available? I really need to get some better than what I have, started to shape some out of aluminum but I dunno how they will hold up. there are lots of options for air cleaners, stacks, and rock guards.....well there there used to be in the 60's at least and different ones pop up on ebay alot. The one thing thats good about the Azusa stack you have is the ribs which if you maybe make something out of screen or nylons, whatever, a safety wire, o-ring or something like that can lock into a rib.
Thanks for the air cleaner suggestions. I did fabricate a screen which is mounted between the carb. and stack but I'm thinking I may need to do something different. As for your question regarding the tank straps, I made them out of polished stainless steel sheet stock. Once I formed the straps I modified a couple standard hose clamps and secured (riveted) them to the new straps. If you enlarge the photos you can see what I'm referring to. I hope this answers your question?

markus

Thanks for the air cleaner suggestions. I did fabricate a screen which is mounted between the carb. and stack but I'm thinking I may need to do something different. As for your question regarding the tank straps, I made them out of polished stainless steel sheet stock. Once I formed the straps I modified a couple standard hose clamps and secured (riveted) them to the new straps. If you enlarge the photos you can see what I'm referring to. I hope this answers your question?
Oh yea, I can see it. Nice job! :thumbsup: Thats not a bad idea on the screen sandwiched between the stack and carb either! I bought an old Palmini (I think that was the maker) velocity stack that would have originally had screen pressed in the top, I found the flocked screen from Tecumseh which they used for many years in different ways that I was going to try to use and crimp in.

Still trying to find bigger sections of it to replace whats left of the orginal on a Power products engine I have, They seemed to double up the screens in them so I was going to double up on the stack:

My carb bore is a bit larger id than the Azusa stacks are for my 700 and the choke butterfly protrudes a bit out of the snout to do the screen there, But I may try what you did on some Tecumseh carbs on the 4 stoke engines. Simple solution to keep the junk out!