The MB200-2 has arrived.

After what seemed like an eternity,(a whole week and a half:scared:) my MB200-2 has arrived and man is it a whole lot of fun.

Setup:
It arrived surrounded in bubble wrap and a metal cage, which I might add had gotten bent during delivery which made things a bit harder, but overall nothing a few minutes of wrenching and some hammering couldn’t fix. I must say I applaud whatever company actually puts these together, as it was incredibly easy. The engine and transmission was already completely put together(with oil in the engine) along with all cables and shocks. The only thing I had to do as the installer was connect the shocks to the frame with a nut and bolt, connect the handlebars, and slide the pin for the front wheel through. In all honesty, a strong 8 year old that’s good with his hands could’ve done it. I will add this bike is quite a beast, easy for an in shape 17 year old that works out a lot, but for someone who’s older or younger or female, it may be too much. Then came the front tire. It was completely flat when it arrived and the tire itself dislodged from the rim. Unfortunately my good compressor was gone at one of my dad’s jobs so I used(or at least tried to) a crappy small compressor that really didn’t do jack. Whatever air went into the tire came back out because it wasn’t seated on the rim and the compressor didn’t have enough umph to push the tirewall out. Luckily my uncle had a bigger compressor to use that worked just fine:freakout: So moral of the story, no need to go to shops when you can figure things out yourself:thumbsup:
1FFE4FB7-F332-4D75-B8A6-CE971F549391.jpeg
First drive:
Two things I’ll point out right away. Gas tank=bad spot and use the choke for longer than you think you need it. The gas tank opening is not particularly hard to reach as it’s pretty open around it, however the fact that there’s the frame about 3 inches above it means that no gas can can really fit in there. Unless you’re planning on doing some modding and making a new lid in the plastic above it, invest in a bendable funnel. The gas and choke are pretty straight forward. However, this takes a decent while to warm up completely(granted I was in 35 degree weather) but it will make a lot of pinging noises and will die on you if it’s not warm. The way the gas and the transmission work together took a few seconds to get used to. It’s not a straightforward pull back and you go; there’s about an inch of engine revving up before the transmission will actually engage and you go forward. After that it’s smooth sailing. It’s actually really good down low as you can rev it going up a hill and the transmission will give you good torque with low gearing. Everything was very smooth nothing really surprising. The steering is very predictable, you go exactly where you want to go.
As far as power goes, yes there’s room for improvement, but also it’s pretty dang good as it is. It accelerates fast. I was not dissatisfied at all. And besides it feels like it could give more. The governor seems kinda low, like you’re just reaching the power band when it stops you, although it will be pretty straightforward with adjusting it(which I will do once it’s broken in a little bit).
CF0010D0-18E8-4D9C-88CF-44A4A9E8B577.jpeg
Overall:
I am very happy with this purchase. I would definitely recommend this to others as a fun buy and something that isn’t too hard to build or ashamed to put up ATVs in a head to head. The looks are great(I added decals) and everything is very well put together. Though I don’t have personal experience, I’m glad I chose this for a couple hundred bucks more fully loaded than the bare bones CT200U.

Can’t wait to keep building, improving, and modding with y’all.

-HerzogVonSchilf

Last edited:
Nice.:thumbsup:.enjoy it..i too not like the locaton of the gas cap but find it easiest pouring from the front as i can see down the neck better pouring slowly ...using the new tank spouts may be harder..you can buy tank filler necks to convert the bad new designs..yeah i agree the bike is heavy and requires using some body weight and engine power to muscle it around which i really like because you feel more connected

Last edited:

MattG

Glad you got it! Looks great.

If you back out the throttle limiting screw on the throttle linkage you will tighten up the governor arm spring so it kicks in a bit later. You will definitely see a bump in power by adding a header/intake and rejet the carb. Mine is perfect at a .035 main jet in combination with the .021 low speed jet. Yours may vary a hair. Don't forget the 140 emulsion tube. These mods will really wake up the low/mid range pulling power. And if you get a header, the "box stock" style sold from OldMiniBikes warehouse will fit perfect with no cutting of the metal fairings.

I agree with Charles, I changed out the shipping oil before I started her up. There is no telling what that stuff is. Just go with a non-synthetic for now.

The longer necked gas can spouts work well, except when trying to get the last bit of gas out of the can...there just isnt enough clearance to get the right angle.

Also this hour meter / tach works well and fits perfectly right between the handle bar brackets.

https://www.amazon.com/Hardline-Products-HR-8061-2-Tachometer-2-Cylinder/dp/B000FOOAXY/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513874567&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=hd8061+hardline

Good luck and have fun!

Cool bike, I see it has dual foot pegs. Can stretch out or stand up that way.

Oh and before I forget, if you ever run into a derimmed tire, you can loop a ratchet strap around the tire and pull it tight, it will push the sides of the tire out to get the beads sealed up enough to air it up.

Cool bike, I see it has dual foot pegs. Can stretch out or stand up that way.
D9C7AFC1-0732-4615-9F6F-E2F5BEC20A69.jpeg
Yeah they’re perfectly placed too, no matter which I put my feet on I’m never awkward or uncomfortable. At 5’11” this thing is perfect size for me, but it feels like someone bigger or smaller would also feel good on it. Also with the second set of foot pegs I had my girlfriend ride on the back for a bit and it worked perfect. I was sure to hit the gas and brakes hard while she was on back because there’s no better feeling than of someone hugging you when they think their life depends on it:wink::devil2:

Last edited:
Update:
Backed out the governor screw like maybe three full turns and that gave me probably a solid 7mph increase. I’ll be interested to see how much faster it will go before bogging down from gearing

Dang..i didn't notice that looks would take getting a new wheel,a disc and welding to afix new caliper if convert from a drum brake..also looks hydraulic?..:doah: man this bike looking more a best buy all the time
Sure am glad I didn't buy one with the cheesy drum brake!

:wink:

The drum brakes on these are big and work very well..it's just a pain to service so i work on them anytime i remove the back wheel..the sqeaking really don't bother me being an old dude i had many cars w squeakey drum brakes..:laugh:

PSA:
If your wheel is stuck on something do not try to power your way out of it, your CVT will smoke and generally dislike you. Learned that today:doah:(no permanent damage thankfully)

PSA:
If your wheel is stuck on something do not try to power your way out of it, your CVT will smoke and generally dislike you. Learned that today:doah:(no permanent damage thankfully)
It's the small sprocket brah! Mine squealed the belt on small trails...mine goes over small trees now w the 50t.:thumbsup: the 52 will likely get the belt riding up all the way up on the driver on top end coz I'm riding w the cover off and see still not

Last edited:
It's the small sprocket brah! Mine squealed the belt on small trails...mine goes over small trees now w the 50t.:thumbsup: the 52 will likely get the belt riding up all the way up on the driver on top end coz I'm riding w the cover off and see still not
I believe it 100% I will be switching ASAP. This proved it to me 100%. Any prefabed sprockets that I can just buy and install? It’s not that I can’t do the work, I’m just really lazy and don’t want to get it wrong haha:wink:
Edit: [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]
How much does the belt have left to go with 50t? I’m debating between 52t and 60t

Last edited:
I believe it 100% I will be switching ASAP. This proved it to me 100%. Any prefabed sprockets that I can just buy and install? It’s not that I can’t do the work, I’m just really lazy and don’t want to get it wrong haha:wink:
Edit: [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]
How much does the belt have left to go with 50t? I’m debating between 52t and 60t
Well ..the difference between 52t and 60t will be huge..on top end my belt is almost at the top of driver so i believe a 52 will do the job...it just depends on how much top speed you want to lose..my off road ride area is really flat so i don't need to climb and i like to ride back home w at least 40mph top end coz i don't like cars catching up to me.:laugh: now if you're going to mod the engine you can hit a good top end like cars and cameras guys did w a 60t because higher rpm..i am remaining stock ..

delray

Raskin
now if you're going to mod the engine you can hit a good top end like cars and cameras
not digging the big alternator they installed. all it is doing is robbing power from the motor. better off with a lighted coil setup....:doah: