The MBX11 front fork assemblies are now available

OK the forks fit the stock old style doodle with no issues. I didn't need any extra washers. All you need is a motovox axle bolt and locknut, because it is about 1 1/2" longer. I wish it was drilled and cotter keyed like the baja. No need for the motovox axle spacers. The right side uses the stock long baja axle spacer and the thick washer that was under the castle nut from your doodle. The space was about an 1/8th inch short so the washer was needed. Clutch side uses just the short baja spacer. Be sure to install the doodle tapered spacers on either end of the stem in between the forks. The lower fork plate is adjustable allowing for a variety of stem lengths. Sitting on the bike compresses the shocks an inch or so with plenty of travel left. You also get a slight bit more turning radius with this front end. The stops are just a little different and work fine.

You could easily cut the lower bars off the doodle and bolt them to the top of the motovox front end. You would have to drill 4 holes in the baja bars to match the 4 in the motovox, then use spacers, washers, or extra nuts to clear the cap bolts and stem bolt on the top of the shocks. So really $100. for the front end, hopefully with the axle, and you could make these run out of the box. Or go with the motovox stock adjustable bars and risers for $26. more. I bought the number plate but that was for the new style doodle that got left out on the shocks. I may do the $99. deal on that and cut a set of bars to fit it.

As far as the roller goes.... went by Harbor Freight today. They had 2 hemi and 3 stamped cover 212's. I picked up a stamped cover with the annoying gas cap location. The MBX frame is wide enough right over the cap I think so it wont be too bad to fill it with a funnel. The engine just barely fits. It will require an after market exhaust and air filter to get any room to slot the mounting plate. I'm also slotting the rear fender mounts and holes in the fender to slide the fender more to the rear to pick up some room. After the air cleaner and stock exhaust are removed there probably is room for the PMR adjustable plate but this is a cheap build and my first attempt at slotting the frame. At this point I don't see any problems that I cant easily overcome. Its going to be tight but I hope to get at least inch long slots. I'll post more on it later as it goes together.

Pix when everything is done. More parts arrive monday and tuesday. If anybody needs a specific pic feel free to ask.

I believe you answered your own question. I would imagine "-1" means someone is in line for the next mbx11 roller when it becomes available.
-1 and 0 are the same thing. It's just a funky way the system works if you set the quantity to 0 with a manual sale.

IJG

Parts Delivered

Motovox delivered today missing a number plate though.
I got bearings on the axle , they were not ordered though maybe came with?
Still I got what I hoped to get.
Here it is. It's going on the doodlebug due to the untrue nature of the stock front end thats on it now. I expect nothing but headaches , but when theirs no problems I'll be happy.
Jim

Should be a simple 30-45 minute install. It bolts right up like it belongs there.

Those are probably the motovox axle spacers and not bearings?

I'm not using the number plate on my doodle. I was going to cut off the number plate mounting tabs but they just might come in handy mounting a headlight or something, so I left them for now.

I hope to ride one or both this coming weekend to try these shocks out.

IJG

2 new axle Bearings''

Suspension ordered, Spacers ordered, Axle ordered, Axle Nut ordered.
Number Plate ordered (MISSING). Did not get it.
Sent notice to Motovox.com About it.
The Bearings came with the axle I guess for a limited time i bet.
2 Brand new bearings (not ordered).:shrug:
I do recall motovox stating something about a mishap with the bearings.
It was not supposed to be buy an axle get the bearings free, I got lucky.
However i do need bearings in my doodlebug front rim, will they fit?
6201- RS W&Z

Last edited:
Suspension ordered, Spacers ordered, Axle ordered, Axle Nut ordered.
Number Plate ordered (MISSING). Did not get it.
Sent notice to Motovox.com About it.
The Bearings came with the axle I guess for a limited time i bet.
2 Brand new bearings (not ordered).:shrug:
I do recall motovox stating something about a mishap with the bearings.
It was not supposed to be buy an axle get the bearings free, I got lucky.
However i do need bearings in my doodlebug front rim, will they fit?
6201- RS W&Z
The bearings and number plate part numbers are pretty similar and looks like it was inputed wrong on our end. We'll send your number plate out for you. Did you need it with graphics on there too?

rmm727

Similar part numbers is how I got a set of 3" lift leaf springs for my Jeep for free. My buddy is a dealer for a suspension lift company. He ordered a 3" lift for a old full size Cherokee. The company accidentally sent a set of rear 3" leafs for a XJ Cherokee. When the mistake was found they told him to keep them. Costs too much to return. He gave them to me.

Got it in today... and of course as soon as the wife walked in the door, she stole it from me... thats ok... now i have to order another one, for the front end... i may modify the frame too... gonna have to wait a little while and think on it, i am accumulating too much stuff!

packaged great and was in decent shape, def not new condition, but in great condition for sure, with minimal wear on it

If we list something as "used," people say it looks new. If we list it as "like new," we have people say it's not new condition. Hopefully it was what you were expecting! :scooter:

If we list something as "used," people say it looks new. If we list it as "like new," we have people say it's not new condition. Hopefully it was what you were expecting! :scooter:
That's why when I list on ebay the description says "as the photo shows" or "item shown is the actual item you receive"

Mine was better than expected

IJG

& Gerald Scores!!!

:thumbsup:
You will not regret that Purchase!
If you do I don't wanna know why! Unless I'm in danger.
I Love my MBX10.:drool:
If my Motovox MBX10 had a vagina....I would be set.:wink:
I put the suspension on my doodlebug, gonna order a neck & bars for her on monday. you don't know what is wrong until you break one down.
Them bearings i got came in handy for the front rim.
I noticed bearings all over are in need of replacement,
OldMiniBikes Warehouse to the rescue..
I always do keep in mind though'
that this was once a neglected outdoor rain catcher once.
Did I actually save this one from extinction? :shrug:

IJG

Beer

Yeah' I thought someone would get a kick out of that'
Glad I made the highlight of OldMiniBikes tonight for ya'
I drink Whiskey. Have a shot on me if we meet.
Florida has got some Nice Fishing'' I do recall my snook addiction.:eek:ut: