"The Official Cool Vintage Mowers, Tractors & Power Equipment Thread"

Cool mowers, I remember seeing one of those Bantam riding mowers SimpleTom posted a few years ago at a car swap meet for sale I remember going back twice to look at it and still kick myself for not getting it for the $75. asking price :doah:

What a great thread. Knowing that most everything we're interested in on this board is powered by a lawnmower engine or similar, my wife for a long time has referred to this as the "old lawn equipment enthusiast's forum". When she sees me sit down with my laptop, she'll ask "What are the lawn enthusiasts up to today?".

Here's my 1966, 20", 6 blade Cooper Klipper. It's like new and runs like a champ. My neighbor bought two of them through the Ford dealership where he worked. I got it at his estate sale. I have two other reel mowers, but I can't find pics. I'll try to dig 'em out and get some shots later today.

Last edited:
what were the men back then a bunch of midgets most of the early post look like scaled down riders, I be worn on riding on them but than again they are way cooler than mine. oh and what is the safety factor on most of them zero maybe, wonder how many got there foot sheared off and said how stupid they were and the following week they were back to mowing one foot and all no thought about contacting a lawyer and sueing the manufacture or the lawn mower shop that sold it to them.

...oh and what is the safety factor on most of them zero maybe, wonder how many got there foot sheared off...
As you can see, above, the Cooper Klipper has a tag reminding you to "Keep hands and feet away from moving parts". Guess they figured that should be enough. :laugh: That thing's a little scary when it's running. I dunno if it would shear your whole foot off, but I think fingers and toes would be no problem for it.