the "PURPLE PEOPLE EATER" buils begins

dbone

hey guys, yes i know im the cop on the forum... already been giged about that. but her go's a short story then a awsome build with tons of pics will follow.

when i was about 5-6 my dad built a minibike that was painted metal flake royal purple he called it the flying purple eater, had a think a 6 or an 8 hp engine on it, since i stumbled on this site, it rekindled memories of him and the bike, ha passed away 4 years ago.

i have 2 lil boys and a girl and got the minibike fever since i found this site, anyhow i posted a ad on local craigslist looking for a minibike, got a call from a guy siad he had one complete couldnt remembher who made it but it has brake drums and shoes ft and rear, and a old 5hp briggs thats missing a clutch, when asked how much i almost fell over, FREE!!!!!!!!!!

GOING TO GET IT THIS SUNDAY... stay tunned

dbone

looking for ideas and thoughts from you guys as how to build it, engine size clutch set up was loking at the torque belt drive, as well as what h/p engine for it, would like some cool looking aluminum rims for it as well but ill see whats on it now. any help would be appriciated

anyhow i posted a ad on local craigslist looking for a minibike, got a call from a guy siad he had one complete couldnt remembher who made it but it has brake drums and shoes ft and rear, and a old 5hp briggs thats missing a clutch, when asked how much i almost fell over, FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Now that just sucks. I've had an ad on there for a couple of weeks, and not one reply. I found a goof ball in Rockdale who had a whole garage full. I got 3 of them, before he started playing games and I gave up on the rest. Reply to his ad and see if he still has them. I only wanted 1 more that he had. A Wards frame. Post some pics when you get yours and we'll help you ID it and talk you through the build.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dbone

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! went to get the bike, was a total waste, looked like a made up bike part poss honda trail bike and a briggs 5hp with 1/2 a clutch, everything was rusted shut as if it was in the bottom of the ocean...:( major bummer....

dbone

soooo im STILL looking for a roller frame like a lil indian or a doodle bug roller frame long as its solid. PLEASE HELP A GUY HERE please? anyone have a spare laying around? got the fever bad guys...

kbs8ball

theirs a nice little indian frame on ebay now...probably not gonna be cheap though. you can always buy a d bug roller from the guy in AZ.

dbone

WHERE ??? new or old frame roller?? looking is hell on the blood psi!!! was stoked then crashed now still lookin i saw the indian on ebay id love it BUT shipping is a joke.... bummer I WILL NOT GIVE UP...

You should have taken what the guy was offering for free. The engine alone will save you big $$. The clutch is cheap, and you would have had wheels. Bring on the rust! A little blasting and you're golden. Who can argue with free?

its Paul Hull Motorsports for the Doodle Bug on Ebay.
Frame is just 29.95 just type in Mini Bike Frames under your search
scroll down to bottom and enter the store.

Hey DBONE
I got a roller doodle bug chillin here and not doing anything with it. I replied to your email by the way. The doodle bug forks are messed up. Where the springs are located it some how busted and needs to be welded back. I have no idea. I could shoot you some pics if you would like.

dbone

awsome news guys i finaly scored a fox mini bike frame looks like a doodel bug with out shocks from a guy here on the forum, see pic build to start soon as a box arrives from grayhound im stoked stay tunes....

dbone

the build finally starts!!! scored a doodle bug frame from "JEEP4ME" from this site, frame is in the mail to me for this build cant wait....

dbone

if you guys need anything, steve is awsome.... looking over mini bike site now for a long parts list for my build, so far, will run a harbor freight 6.5hp engine, aluminum 6in astro mags, slicks, torque invertor, disc brake on the rear, air cleaner, pipe and powder cote frame new seat and tons of fun this summer....