The Super Duper Side Pooper!

This is a engine I bought on ebay. I was the only bidder. No one wanted it because it had a big 6 to 1 Gear reduction on it I guess? It is a N.O.S H35 from 1967........ Steel tank:thumbsup:

I got a engine from jimh and robbed the crank out of it.

So now I'm just cleaning it up to reassemble.

I think it's cool, the parts sure don't look 43 years old!

I polished the fins on the head.

I'm going to put the crossed flags decal on it:thumbsup:
I'll have about $90.00 in it total.:thumbsup: Maybe I should have waited for the clones to go on sale? I don't know?
Now I need a small bike to put it on. But it will look good sitting on top of my entertainment center until I need it:thumbsup:

Hey Randy

Glad you got it all together. All the parts look great! Look for an old Lil Indian. I have one and they are tiny! Perfect for that motor.

Josh

Thanks, I'm happy with it! I paid $53 including shipping for it. I worked out a trade with jim so the shipping on that deal cost me $24 and I used a can of paint and I bought a decal from Brandt.

That makes for a fun little project:thumbsup:

Cool, I have quite a few 3.5's and they have more torque than Briggs off the line and fit anything.

Looks good. :thumbsup:

Here's one I did. for the Atlas but it's going on something else now. I only have one sticker (balloon type) and it's for the boys bike. (Our first mini that started it all. ). :doah: BTW, that engine on the bike is original and still runs good.

Last edited:
Looks good:thumbsup: Looks like the crank was good. I got the rings in the Briggs, and swapped the rod too. Whoever did the ports and milled the head did a good job. Need to paint everything, and put it back together.

Thanks guy's, the crank was fine, once I got that clutch off. Man those set screws where tight! I ended up drilling them out..... But not before I broke every allen wrench that I own that would fit it. As well as a torques bit that I pounded in the one set screw. I was going to drill and tap a center hole in it when I had it off, but I said the heck with it. And put it together. I've never had a clutch fly off yet.

Looks great! These old tecumsehs look just as good in your house on display as they do on a vintage bike. I also saw that engine on ebay when it was listed, I had to pass :hammer:

Thanks guy's, the crank was fine, once I got that clutch off. Man those set screws where tight! I ended up drilling them out..... But not before I broke every allen wrench that I own that would fit it. As well as a torques bit that I pounded in the one set screw. I was going to drill and tap a center hole in it when I had it off, but I said the heck with it. And put it together. I've never had a clutch fly off yet.
I drill and tap them on the engine, it's easy and you can slip something on the shaft as a centering jig. I was told buy MT not to use set screws unless you absolutely have too.

Get on it! :thefinger:

I drill and tap them on the engine, it's easy and you can slip something on the shaft as a centering jig. I was told buy MT not to use set screws unless you absolutely have too.

Get on it! :thefinger:
Yes, I read that. Maybe I will if I get board, I just wanted it together. I get impatient.
:scooter::scooter: