the tobacco thread (no smoker bashing please)

this is the tobacco thread, post up whatever your favorite smoke, cigar, paraphernalia, or anything else tobacco related.

I myself have a nice little briar pipe i fill once in a blue moon, used to smoke but quit, and frequently enjoy a little grizz wintergreen.

I smoke Player's

I'm not complicated.

Sometimes I can't smoke ( against the law to smoke in a mine, might polute al the diesl fumes and dust ). For those moments nicotine gum, awful stuff.....

I have been known to puff a cigar, My chum Vladimir used to feed them too me all the time when his daughter came back from Cuba. They weren't good cigars just the street kind, but I never decline the hospitality of having a good sit and cheap cigar with the old fellow.

Gradfather used to smoke a pipe.
The smell of pipe tobaco still reminds me of him.
I also recall chasing my grandmother aroudn the kitchen with an ash tray as she cooked....
She ws a fine cook but I know she was accidently dropping ashes in the Yorkshire pudding.

Dirty habbit....
I will say that.
I need to quit in the not to distant future.
Last time I did it was ugly.
When ever I was around somone that smelled lke a smoke I wanted to lick their face....

I smoke Player's

I'm not complicated.

Sometimes I can't smoke ( against the law to smoke in a mine, might polute al the diesl fumes and dust ). For those moments nicotine gum, awful stuff.....

I have been known to puff a cigar, My chum Vladimir used to feed them too me all the time when his daughter came back from Cuba. They weren't good cigars just the street kind, but I never decline the hospitality of having a good sit and cheap cigar with the old fellow.

Gradfather used to smoke a pipe.
The smell of pipe tobaco still reminds me of him.
I also recall chasing my grandmother aroudn the kitchen with an ash tray as she cooked....
She ws a fine cook but I know she was accidently dropping ashes in the Yorkshire pudding.

Dirty habbit....
I will say that.
I need to quit in the not to distant future.
Last time I did it was ugly.
When ever I was around somone that smelled lke a smoke I wanted to lick their face....
old schol, your the hahahahaing coolest on this website

TomH

Yeah my grandpa smoked a pipe also. Taught me how to pack one right and to blow smoke rings when I stayed over at his house when my parents went on vacation. I was six at the time:laugh::laugh: he would mix me a little glass of beer when he started drinking about 10 A.M. and give me one of his pipes to smoke. Now days he would have been arrested probably. Dad came in from vacation, and I had just blew out a really nice smoke ring, and was taking a sip of beer. He gave me the strangest look, and he and grandpa went in the back room and had a talk :hammer: No more pipe smoking or beer drinking:rolleyes:

Yeah my grandpa smoked a pipe also. Taught me how to pack one right and to blow smoke rings when I stayed over at his house when my parents went on vacation. I was six at the time:laugh::laugh: he would mix me a little glass of beer when he started drinking about 10 A.M. and give me one of his pipes to smoke. Now days he would have been arrested probably. Dad came in from vacation, and I had just blew out a really nice smoke ring, and was taking a sip of beer. He gave me the strangest look, and he and grandpa went in the back room and had a talk :hammer: No more pipe smoking or beer drinking:rolleyes:
I like that story !

I recall way back when my Dad discovered I smoked.
He as a smoker too and smoked those Export A lights.
They would hang in the air like a bad stale fart. Basement would stink of them, and he would puff away and alternatively blast me for smoking up his house and taking up the habbit in the firts place.

Now my Grandfather used to have the machine for rolling smokes.
That was my job as a boy.
He would put me to work on vissits with this thing you loaded a tube and filter in the side and pack this breach like thing with Tobbaco.
Then you pulled this handle and it packed the filter.....

The game was to ram as much in there as you could so the old man could not pull anything through it then one with almost nothing so when he bent over it would all spill out like a dried out victory cigarrete lol.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You know its funny now but back then all me cousins and I were in the buisness of rolling smokes for my grand parrents.

Today you would never sit a kid down at a table with can of tobbaco and box of filters....

But that was then.

Someday who knows what we may find is unexceptable but common place today.

TomH

My grandpa also made home brew beer in the basement. I was they guy that put the caps on em. He had a machine with a lever that would crimp the caps on to the bottle. I don't quite know what happened but about 2 A.M. they started exploding, blowing off my cap job. Had beer everywhere. Some of it blew into the coal he heated the house with. The whole neighborhood smelled like beer when he fired up the furnace.:laugh:

buckeye

I use to set on the neighbors porch at about ten. He had rheumatoid and his fingers were all knarled. I would roll his smokes in bugler papers and that leather strap machine. Then I learned how to by hand.
That came in handy later in life. But that's another subject.

TomH

remember when you could buy those things that you could put in a cigarette and they would explode..man I had fun with those